Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Frontline : The Longest Day Announced and in Beta!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Press Releases, News and Events from Matrix >> Frontline : The Longest Day Announced and in Beta! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Frontline : The Longest Day Announced and in Beta! - 9/24/2014 1:20:20 PM   
Surtur

“Your task will not be an easy one. Your enemy is well trained, well equipped and battle hardened. He will fight savagely.” (Dwight D. Eisenhower – Supreme Commander of the Allied Forces in Europe)

June 1944 – The Axis is retreating on all fronts. The German army does not have the strategic initiative anymore and is trying to strengthen its defensive lines in order to stop the progress of Russian forces on the Eastern Front, and to prevent any landing from the Allied forces in the West. The Atlantic Wall seems unbreakable but rumors about a possible seaborne invasion in the north of France puts the German commanders under pressure. And suddenly, on June the 6th, the Allied forces launch one of the most audacious operations of the whole war. The world’s destiny is a stake on the Normandy beaches…

Successor of the very successful Frontline: Road to Moscow that reached the top of the charts on iPad this past spring, The Longest Day moves the action west and focuses on the D-Day operation that turned the tide of the war. From developer 88mm, this new chapter of the Frontline saga preserves the strengths that made it popular – original art direction, variety of units, and streamlined UI – and introduces deeper gameplay elements to provide a more realistic simulation of the battlefield. As the 5 massive campaigns unfold, you will have to take into account more and more variables like landmines, flanking maneuvers, and encirclements in order to breach the heavy Axis defensive lines.

The game is now ready to enter the beta phase on iPad, iPhone and PC. And we invite you to help us test it! By signing up for the beta, you will have a chance to visit the Normandy beaches before release and help us with the final touches, ensuring a smooth release on iOS and PC later this year.

Get more information on Frontline – The Longest Day from its official product page.

- Slitherine Group Producer -
Twitter
Steam
Post #: 1
RE: Frontline : The Longest Day Announced and in Beta! - 9/24/2014 1:31:29 PM   
zakblood

signed up, i'm up for it, always glad to help out and play test

(in reply to Surtur)
Post #: 2
RE: Frontline : The Longest Day Announced and in Beta! - 9/24/2014 4:16:53 PM   
MrsWargamer

So many ways to hate on Apple :)

Oh well, it might make it to Android eventually, the other Frontline did. If nothing, this title illustrates the game design is healthy and generating enough interest to justify additional creations.

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 3
RE: Frontline : The Longest Day Announced and in Beta! - 9/24/2014 10:12:00 PM   
parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: zakblood

signed up, i'm up for it, always glad to help out and play test

Same here. Looking forward to it.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 4
RE: Frontline : The Longest Day Announced and in Beta! - 9/25/2014 3:00:40 AM   
zakblood

can't say i know much about it tbh, apart from the battle that is, but also look forward to getting into the beta, so good luck to you also

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 5
RE: Frontline : The Longest Day Announced and in Beta! - 10/6/2014 12:01:56 AM   
goodwoodrw

G'day any idea when a notification will be coming out to indicate who has got a spot on the testing of this game?

Formerly Goodwood

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 6
RE: Frontline : The Longest Day Announced and in Beta! - 10/12/2014 9:53:00 AM   
zakblood

hopefully not too long now as nobody has heard anything as yet

(in reply to goodwoodrw)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Press Releases, News and Events from Matrix >> Frontline : The Longest Day Announced and in Beta! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI