Partisans in the former Baltic states

Post bug reports and request support here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

Jusalak

Partisans in the former Baltic states

Post by Jusalak »

As it is well known, the three Baltic states - Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania - had to cede bases to Soviet Union in autumn 1939, and were annexed by Soviet union in summer 1940, a year before the Barbarossa.

This annexation was most definitely against the will of the peoples of these countries, and support of communism was not widespread.

Since the local population did not want any Russian of Communist regime, appearance of Soviet partisans in the Baltic area in Gary Grigsby's War in the East seems clearly incorrect. Historically, actually the opposite is true. The Baltic gerillas fought against the retreating Soviets in summer 1941, and the guerilla warfare continued even after the reestablishment of the Soviet rule in 1944.

I feel that in the game this should be corrected by making the Baltic area free of any Soviet partisans.
morvael

RE: Partisans in the former Baltic states

Post by morvael »

The partisan aspect in the game is severely limited in scope and accuracy. There are no partisans in Poland, Yugoslavia or Czechoslovakia (to lesser extent). There is no Warsaw Uprising in 1944. Consider this a tradeoff - less partisans in some areas, more in the others. Not that I am happy with this design choice, but I learned to cope with it [:)]

Return to “Tech Support”