Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week: Pandora SeriesPandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah Studio
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

DBB latest A/C modifications

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> DBB latest A/C modifications Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
DBB latest A/C modifications - 9/19/2014 9:29:24 AM   
GreyJoy

Hi all,

I would like to share with you my modest opinion about Symon's latest modifications on A/C performances embedded in DBB.

As some of you may remember, I had tried with Mr.Kane those very same modifications during our game. We started with the old DBB files, and upgraded to those modifications in early 1944.
After some heavy furballs, I asked mr.Kane to get back to the old files cause I thought those new performances were unbalancing our game.

Now I see the problem involved in that decision of mine.

We were playing with PDU ON and with the 2nd mnvr band HR. Those settings were to blame, not Symon's new files. I am sorry.

Now that I'm playing with Obvert with the new files, they work just perfectly. We are playing PDU OFF and with this HR: max alt for CAP and SWEEP: 15K in 1941, 20K in 1942, 25K in 1943, 33K from 1944 (to avoid the strato sweeps).

The air war so far has been very balanced, fun and realistic, under every point of view.

I cannot but say that every single modification the DBB team has done has been for the best so far. I should have been more carefull before expressing negative opinions. I apologise. Now I am an happy consumer

Thanks again
Post #: 1
RE: DBB latest A/C modifications - 9/19/2014 12:15:50 PM   
rook749

GreyJoy,

I could not agree more, I love the effects of the air changes. In my game vs AirGriff that is in mid September of 1942, playing with PDU ON and but no other air combat HR we found the changes were far better than stock.

Rook749
AAR: This will End Badly @ http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3516510&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 2
RE: DBB latest A/C modifications - 9/19/2014 3:45:39 PM   
Symon

Hi GJ,

Just FYI, never took your criticism as anything but constructive. Always glad to hear from folks that have constructive suggestions.

So glad you worked this out to your satisfaction. Really like it when thoughtful folks work through the implications and come to an understanding about how to deal with them. Your thoughts are warmly welcome.

Especially impressed with the fact that you took the time to post your thoughts after you worked things through. Almost nobody else does this, so your post is especially appreciated. I am very pleased, heck, I am beyond pleased.

It's people like you that make this whole endeavor worth while. Buon per te, amico mio.

Ciao. JWE

Yippy Ki Yay

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> DBB latest A/C modifications Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI