How to load ammo bunkers with weapons for specific aircraft, weapons.

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

downtown

How to load ammo bunkers with weapons for specific aircraft, weapons.

Post by downtown »

I have finally had some free time this weekend to get into this game. [:D] So I have decided to build my own scenario to learn the ins and outs. In my new scenario I have created a forward base containing 2 runways and deployed Army and Marine detachments in several barracks buildings. I have also added a few hangars and deployed several Apache and A-10C Thunderbolt II aircraft to the base to serve as ground support aircraft. The aircraft are created with no loadouts, so I am assuming I must build and stock ammo bunkers to hold the stores for each type of aircraft. I have opened the database description for the AH-64D Apache's and reviewed the weapons they can deploy. One of the weapons is the AGM-114K Hellfire II. So I assume that to get an ammo bunker stocked with some AGM-114K Hellfire II's I right click the bunker, click Magazines and look for the Hellfire's in that list. However, I am not finding any Hellfire's in the list. So obviously I am doing something wrong. [&:] How do you load ammo bunkers for specific aircraft, weapons when building an airbase? Or any facility for that matter?

[&o]

Old soldiers never die. They just fade away.
Luidzi

RE: How to load ammo bunkers with weapons for specific aircraft, weapons.

Post by Luidzi »

When you add weapon records to the ammo bunker, there should be checkbox "Show only weapons compatible with aircraft hosted by parent". If there isn't one, then the bunker doesn't recognise aircrafts you put in your base - probably because it's separated from a group. In this case select all buildings that are part of your base (runways, access points, parking spots and ammo bunkers) and press G to group them.
downtown

Post by downtown »

Thanks, Luidzi for the tip. Turns out I have to slow down and RTFM! It describes building an airfield right there.

Old soldiers never die. They just fade away.
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Look at imports as well. We have 1000's of known air bases and air ports already built. You just need to add them with a couple of clicks.

Mike

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”