Common Weapons Spreadsheet

Please post your wish lists for future updates and releases here.

Moderator: MOD_Flashpoint

IronMikeGolf

Common Weapons Spreadsheet

Post by IronMikeGolf »

What do you guys think about making a single weapons spreadsheet instead of having a weapons tab in the national spreadsheets?

The main arguments are making scenarios where both side are equipped the same and modeling force that buy (or capture) hardware from multiple countries.
Jeff
Sua Sponte
Tazak

RE: Common Weapons Spreadsheet

Post by Tazak »

I've managed to combine the NATO ones into a single data sheet, need to clean it up a lot though as I went through the US data sheet putting a G/U against German or UK weapons as I copied them over so needs some work to remove duplicates as that involves updating the vehicle/unit with the correct weapons as not all match up i.e. a M16 rifle may be US101 but also UK104, should be easy enough to mod together just time consuming cleaning the data up.
AUCTO SPLENDORE RESURGO
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Jeff you can do what Tazak is doing to make generic red and blue force rosters or even a green combo roster. The big issue is keeping track of tags going to units. From my standpoint I will be keeping them separate by country for now.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
IronMikeGolf

Post by IronMikeGolf »

Jim, the tags only matter within the spreadsheet, right? We can use anything for names, so long as they are unique, right?
Jeff
Sua Sponte
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

They only matter in the spreadsheet, but you have to have a unique weapon name match up with the weapons list of a unit or things can blow up. Just steer clear of weapon tags that might get confused elsewhere and you should be golden.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC

Return to “Requested Features and Ideas”