Matrix Games Forums

Pandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & Shot
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

HI in scn 2

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> HI in scn 2 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
HI in scn 2 - 9/4/2014 4:03:06 PM   
cavalry

I never seem to have more than about 3000hi in scn 2, built loads of stuff have naval yard going full tilt and plenty of planes, mostly do on map pilot training. The other problem is in scn 2 is no matter what I do I never seem to get enough res into Tokyo. It only ever a few days use. Is this normal for this scn?
Also oil is quite low as is fuel in Home land but bringing plenty in - is this normal its PBEM scn 2, last official patch.

cav
Post #: 1
RE: HI in scn 2 - 9/4/2014 6:10:21 PM   
Lokasenna

Did you expand the HI at all?

Do you have Tracker installed?

(in reply to cavalry)
Post #: 2
RE: HI in scn 2 - 9/4/2014 8:05:09 PM   
Chickenboy

cavalry-

Where are you in the game?

Over time, your oil availability in the home islands will dwindle. It's imperative you ship as much oil (and fuel) from the DEI home as fast as possible.

While it does seem harder to 'bank' HI in scenario 2-larger pilot HI drain is largely to blame-you should be able to bank considerably more than you have after a few months.

Resources should absolutely not be a problem at all. You should be in surfeit of resources within a few months and continue to build your home islands stockpile.

Lokasenna has one of the possibilities-did you expand your HI production early in the game? There are myriad other explanations for why your HI drain is not keeping up with production. Some possiblities include: pilot training drain, excessive naval shipyard / merchant shipyard points production, injudicious airframe research / factory organization and expansion, lack of fuel for HI production, turning HI centers off inadvertently, etc. etc.

If you wanted to pare down these possibilities, I'd recommend posting some screenshots of your Tracker screens or your Industry screens for more detailed analysis.

(in reply to cavalry)
Post #: 3
RE: HI in scn 2 - 9/5/2014 9:38:13 AM   
cavalry

Thanks guys

I have massive shipyard nearly 2200 points and Merchant 950- they are using HI points each day? That maybe the problem.

I have only started to expand HI in the last few turns. Thinking that was a problem in itself. From time to time HI fails but its always res that stop it not fuel or oil.

Never get more than 2 days or so RES into homelands but moving a lot of oil and fuel now after neglecting it a bit in 42...grrr

Lost tracker a while back and could not get it to work again, I will try and get some screen shots but not done that before.

Cav

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 4
RE: HI in scn 2 - 9/5/2014 1:53:16 PM   
Encircled

Post a picture of your tracker chart before you do anything else would be excellent advice at this time.

(in reply to cavalry)
Post #: 5
RE: HI in scn 2 - 9/5/2014 2:09:02 PM   
Chickenboy

cavalry,

You should have multiple CS resource TFs set up between Honshu, Kyushu and Hokkaido by now. Also several CS resource TFs set up between Honshu, Kyushu and the Asian mainland to transport resources. These (particularly under scenario 2 settings) should be providing the bulk of resources needed to the home islands. Please shed some light on your efforts / settings for these critical resource TFs.

Also, *any* TF returning from the DEI or other parts with excess resources should be returning laden with resources (instead of empty). This will help rationalize any supply (for example) shipped out of the home islands to troops afield.

ETA: Even if you aren't using Tracker (a number of us aren't), please post a picture of your industry screen with your larger HI centers' stores.

< Message edited by Chickenboy -- 9/5/2014 3:10:22 PM >

(in reply to cavalry)
Post #: 6
RE: HI in scn 2 - 9/5/2014 4:52:55 PM   
Lokasenna

2200 naval shipyard production is ENORMOUS. I see the need to expand to maybe 1600, or 1700 if you're really going nuts, but 2200 is way up there! That's an extra 1500 HI spent per day on that. Likewise the merchant yards - I currently run ~650 in late 1942 as Japan, and am looking forward to shifting down further later on. So that's another 900 you're spending over my HI. I pool anywhere from 3100 to 3300 HI per turn.

How about your aircraft factories? How high is your production?

You need to be running many, many CS convoys with resources to Honshu or Kyushu. Or else run fewer, but larger, convoys.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 7
RE: HI in scn 2 - 9/6/2014 3:58:42 AM   
PaxMondo

As stated, you need to post some tracker shots, or send a savegame to one of us to be able to help. PM if you are interested. I can provide references if you wish. I have helped on a number of games to date. Clearly something is not balanced, but right now it is all guesses ...

Pax

(in reply to Lokasenna)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> HI in scn 2 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI