Slitherine Group acquires Shenandoah Studio

Gamers can find out here about the latest happenings from Matrix and its partners.

Moderator: MOD_PressReleases

Surtur

Slitherine Group acquires Shenandoah Studio

Post by Surtur »

Fine makers of strategy games to continue evolution of portable wargaming.

The Slitherine Group announces that it is partnering with Shenandoah Studio to ensure that their innovative titles have the benefit of multi-channel distribution, backed by the development resources needed to achieve their full potential. Shenandoah Studio, the development house behind iPad successes such as Battle of the Bulge and Drive on Moscow, is the winner of many awards. The US-based developer was a breath of fresh air, bringing innovation to the strategy genre on iOS thanks to a clever, streamlined game design and a state-of-the-art game engine.

“As Shenandoah has grown, the needs of supporting, upgrading, and distributing our current titles imposed ever-increasing burdens on our ability to move ahead with the new material our customers want“, said Eric Lee Smith, founder and CEO of Shenandoah. “Slitherine has the scale and reach to ensure that Shenandoah moves ahead productively and delivers exciting new games for our audience to enjoy”.

The Slitherine Group adds a key player to its already impressive roster of brands, to focus especially on bringing strategy games to a wider audience.

“Our continued efforts to expand the wargames and strategy games audience and to attract new players through innovative game play and new platforms, external licenses and internal franchises are testament to the consistency of our mission statement that we started with fifteen years ago”, said JD McNeil Chairman of the Slitherine Group. “We are looking forward to partnering with Shenandoah’s founders to amplify this vision to conquer new ground and expand the boundaries of strategy gaming even further”.

All Shenandoah’s previously released games will be added to the Slitherine Group’s stores across the web. New projects that were already under development will also be joining the group’s production schedule, with special attention given to Gettysburg: The Tide Turns, a project designed by Eric Lee Smith that was successfully funded on Kickstarter in August last year.

“We are looking forward to working with Eric to bring this game to completion and releasing it as a key part of our future lineup”, said Iain McNeil, Development Director at Slitherine. “Eric’s design vision is a key asset we want to leverage on in order to make sure Gettysburg is the game that all Kickstarter backers were looking for”.
mllange

RE: Slitherine Group acquires Shenandoah Studio

Post by mllange »

Hopefully new platforms means what I think it means. Encourage them to release for non-iOS systems and I'll be interested. Until then ... :(
There's a simple answer to every complex question - and it's wrong.
-Umberto Eco
rodney727

Post by rodney727 »

Ok
"I thank God that I was warring on the gridirons of the midwest and not the battlefields of Europe"
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943
vonRocko

Post by vonRocko »

Great, more fluff games. Meanwhile panther games leaves. The slide continues.
gabeeg

Post by gabeeg »

Unless they support Android soon...yawn.
Kind Regards,

Harry
gdrover

Post by gdrover »

This is great news!

I have purchased all of their games to date, and have yet to be disappointed.

I would dearly like the option to play them on a PC. The bigger screen and more computing power will allow for better games, and better, faster AI (the only weak point in their games).

Great acquisition!

Cheers,

Glenn
GMoney

Return to “Press Releases, News and Events from Matrix”