also make sure you load any files the game ask for in the installer, like drx9 etc, dotnet or what else it says, it doesn't matter if you have later, or already installed them, as you can't have dupe files with any as there installed to default installation folders.
second, if you have done all above and it still doesn't run, run in compatibility mode, in either win 7 or win xpsp3, either way nearly all games work even old dos games in windows 8.1, you sometimes just need to tweak them a bot and always run as administrator, and run the exe as admin...
plus already a thread here on same subject,
tbh i don't own the game either so can't show pictures as normal on how i get it to run, but not had one yet that didn't, even really fussy ones, which this isn't as more would be saying it doesn't work etc
readme says OS: Windows XP SP3, Vista, 7, 8 so is supported, you may just need a little help
log files are always nice to upload, don't need to copy paste either, just zip the file and attach it here, for support to look at it for you if needed...
How to get a Directx Dialog file:
1. click on "START"
2. click "run"
3. type in "dxdiag" and click "OK"
4. check through the tabs and perform all tests
5. click "Save all Information..." and save the text file to a location of your choice
6. open the text file, copy the contents, and post along with your issue.
7. zip the file up, upload it and attach it here with your post
< Message edited by zakblood -- 9/3/2014 8:38:03 AM >