Matrix Games Forums

Buzz Aldrins Space Program Manager is now available!Space Program Manager gets mini-site and Twitch SessionBuzz Aldrin: Ask Me Anything (AMA) on redditDeal of the week Fantasy Kommander: Eukarion WarsSpace Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Avoiding Battle?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Gateway to Caen >> The War Room >> Avoiding Battle? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Avoiding Battle? - 8/29/2014 5:35:23 PM   
iggyb

It's been awhile since I played the game...

If the enemy has overwhelming superiority in units, how can you avoid battle and a sure slaughter? I do not see a time limit on this particular battle screen - so avoiding a fight and waiting isn't going to work.

I see no way to order the troops to retreat to end the battle and move on to the main game screen...
Post #: 1
RE: Avoiding Battle? - 8/29/2014 7:56:40 PM   
Steve McClaire

In Gateway to Caen you perform an organized retreat by moving your battlegroup on the strategic map. Move the BG away from the enemy and you'll avoid the battle. Alternately you can order you BG to rest, and they will also seek to avoid battle. If the enemy also rests you will not have to fight on that map during the strategic turn. Note that the AI enemy typically only rests when BGs are very tired/disorganized, and mostly at night.

Once you are in a tactical battle you can't 'flee'. But you can offer a truce and avoid contact with the enemy. Depending on the difficulty setting selected the AI will accept a truce after 5-10 minutes without any combat.

Steve

(in reply to iggyb)
Post #: 2
RE: Avoiding Battle? - 8/29/2014 8:29:51 PM   
Tejszd

Before you start a battle, operation and or campaign you set the individual battle duration/time limit.

(in reply to Steve McClaire)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Gateway to Caen >> The War Room >> Avoiding Battle? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI