Matrix Games Forums

Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets huge update and a Steam release!Battle Academy 2 opens up a new front!Flashpoint Campaigns Featured on weekly Streaming SessionFrontline: The Longest Day - New Screenshots!Deal of the Week: Hannibal Rome and CarthageFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets Players Edition!To End All Wars gets its first major patch! Hell is now available!War in the West Wacht am Rhein AAR Deal of the Week Panzer Corps: Allied Corps
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Is a Population Policy Mod possible?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Design and Modding >> Is a Population Policy Mod possible? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Is a Population Policy Mod possible? - 8/22/2014 5:09:44 PM   
Plotnik

Is it possible to Mod the Population Policy. I try to bind Population Policy with Government Style and Research.

The goal is Default Population Policy is Slavery for all Races expect Government Style „Way of the Ancients” they are able to use all Population Policies and “Utopian Paradise” they are able to enable the “not accept” Policy without Research.

All Government Styles expect „Way of the Ancients” and “Utopian Paradise” should be able to use the extermination Policy.

I also want add some Technologies to upgrade the ability to enable Population Policy but not for all Government Styles in same Way. For Example “Democracy” should be able to research all Policies,“Monarchic” some and “Way of Darkness” and “Dictatures” only Slavery and Extermination.

On the other Side should the Slavery, Extermination Malus vary in kind of ability of the Race.

Is there a possibility to Mod this kind of Dependencies or all my hopes of realistic relations between races hopeless.

Thanks
Plotnik

< Message edited by Plotnik -- 8/22/2014 6:12:43 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Is a Population Policy Mod possible? - 9/1/2014 12:11:04 PM   
Plotnik

Ok maybe there is out of the box no opportunity to realise this functionality. But Distant Worlds is using Windows API (MFC and ATL), has anyone experience with hooks?

On the other side is this kind of modding allowed

Plotnik

(in reply to Plotnik)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Design and Modding >> Is a Population Policy Mod possible? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI