Pirate Spawn

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding and the game editor for Distant Worlds.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Rhikore

Pirate Spawn

Post by Rhikore »

Is there an event that determines when pirates are spawned in the universe?
Are they spawned along with the Universe, or is there a Delay?

The reason I ask, is b/c I would like to have a Game that begins at the Birth of the Galaxy.
No Space Wreckage, no Planet Destroyers, and Pirates wouldnt spawn until after the majority of Empires had researched Gerax/WB Hyperdrive.
I suppose before that you might have a base spawn on a non-Independent occupied planet.
Tanaka

RE: Pirate Spawn

Post by Tanaka »

ORIGINAL: Rhikore

Is there an event that determines when pirates are spawned in the universe?
Are they spawned along with the Universe, or is there a Delay?

The reason I ask, is b/c I would like to have a Game that begins at the Birth of the Galaxy.
No Space Wreckage, no Planet Destroyers, and Pirates wouldnt spawn until after the majority of Empires had researched Gerax/WB Hyperdrive.
I suppose before that you might have a base spawn on a non-Independent occupied planet.

Pirates are spawned at the very beginning of the game. If you have no respawn checked they will not respawn if destroyed. If respawn is checked more pirates are spawned as the game goes on and you have to keep destroying them. I never use that. If you uncheck most of the storylines and events you can get rid of a lot of that stuff. Unfortunately there is no way to mod all of it out even if you do that. I would love to play without the super powerful derelict ships laying around [:(]
Rhikore

Post by Rhikore »

Ugh... Would be so nice to have a completely blank slate, and keep pirates from spawning until... you know... they can actually get off the "Home" planet, and into a ship with warp capability. (They could still build a Base though.)
Even without the Blank Slate, would be nice to be able to set a Delay for pirates. I play Pre-warp, and would like to be able to cause them not to spawn in the universe until say 5-6 Years in, and start at the most basic level.
Jaeger5

Post by Jaeger5 »

And shouldn't each alien race have different kind of pirates? Securans are more smugglers than brutal raiders.

You can be affected by alien pirates from the next zone of control of you.

Will some alien races not create pirates? Like hive-minds? Though, I guess, a Queen could contest the ruler ship...

Return to “Design and Modding”