AAR's a wish..

Command Ops: Battles From The Bulge takes the highly acclaimed Airborne Assault engine back to the West Front for the crucial engagements during the Ardennes Offensive. Test your command skills in the fiery crucible of Airborne Assault’s “pausable continuous time” uber-realistic game engine. It's up to you to develop the strategy, issue the orders, set the pace, and try to win the laurels of victory in the cold, shadowy Ardennes.
Command Ops: Highway to the Reich brings us to the setting of one of the most epic and controversial battles of World War II: Operation Market-Garden, covering every major engagement along Hell’s Highway, from the surprise capture of Joe’s Bridge by the Irish Guards a week before the offensive to the final battles on “The Island” south of Arnhem.

Moderators: Panther Paul, Arjuna

wodin

AAR's a wish..

Post by wodin »

Would love to see more detailed AAR's. Like to see how many troops where at the start of the scenario. A list of all the units destroyed\disbanded etc and whom they had been engaged by at the time. Possibly a killed\destroyed surrendered stat for each unit which would say how many enemy they took out and from what units. Maybe a list of units put forward for medals. Commander ratings say for battalion and upwards. List of commanders killed\missing and from what units.

All this would add to immersion and to AAR writing. The expanded AAR was great but love to see alot more.

Some of this would just be based on soldiers lost compared to enemy killed i.e the commander rating..really just chrome but good chrome. The commander killed could be based on if the unit was destroyed or surrendered would have a much higher chance of commander casualty compared to one that as still going at the end of the scenario. The more losses a unit takes the more likely the commander was killed. I love it when scenarios actually have the commanders name mentioned and I wish this was the case in more scenarios..maybe if we have this kind of detailed AAR we'll get more detail like this on the actual units.
MikeJ19

RE: AAR's a wish..

Post by MikeJ19 »

That sounds good, but I would like to see a playback option - so that I can see better my mistakes and hopefully learn from them.

Mike

Retired Gunner

Return to “Command Ops Series”