Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: What are you playing lately?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: What are you playing lately? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: What are you playing lately? - 8/16/2014 1:36:32 PM   
Rising-Sun

quote:

ORIGINAL: aaatoysandmore

quote:

ORIGINAL: RisingSun

Still playing Skyrim, been going on more than two weeks and she is doing pretty good. Wanted some realsm mods while playing on Expert Difficulty. I only play one life, if she dies, that is it. Imagine carrying 4k golds, it would take up 40 carry weight. Infact i enjoy playing as a vampire :p

Realistic carrying weight, weighed golds and arrows, time going by too fast, so i use the console to reduce the time to 3, etcs.

So today gonna go get the xbox 360, so i and the family can play in the den. Sacred 2 : Fallen Angel was fun action roleplaying game. Not sure what i will like to play on xbox 360. Just so many silly useless video games out there.

If you get any game you have to get "Red Dead Redemption", I read and hear it's the best ever game made for the Xbox and Ps3. I'd have it myself but I just can't see shelling out $200-$300 just to play one game as I'm not a cosole addict. I gave up cosole games with intellivision and never looked back. From then on it was PC and only PC. I don't even own a tablet or smart phone or kindle.

Well i got this deal, 229 for two wireless controllers and 250GB Xbox360, pick any two games up to 20bucks value and that kinatic w/e that thing is. So i told Gamestop that we dont want the kinatic thingy, knocked the price down to 176. And got Skyrim for another ten dollars. So that wasnt a bad deal, infact the console look pretty good, but it used one.

Now i am not sure if something goes wrong with this box after 30 days period, if i could find parts for it, esp the cd drive. I didnt realise the cd drive will run all the time and that is not good. Burn the sucker up before you know it. The vent is pretty hot from the box, so i place a small fan on it.

Back in late 80's til 90s, those cd drives on pc while playing games, usually play music, etcs on and on, burning up the drives pretty fast. Now there none do that anymore, but the xbox360. I though the games will be stored on the harddrive as well savegames. Keep the game disk in drive to verified the game is there to launch.

Anyway i still love playing Skyrim on pc, with ultra settings and more enchancements. Dont think xbox 360 will have all that good stuffs compare to pc. So i got this Skyrim for my gf to play on xbox 360 so i can play on mine on pc.

(in reply to aaatoysandmore)
Post #: 31
RE: What are you playing lately? - 8/16/2014 3:56:25 PM   
trebcourie

DC: Case Blue (PBEM)
FPCSR (PBEM and a solo campaign)
A little bit of CM Red Thunder

And at home, I've been playing X-Wing Miniatures and Sails of Glory (miniatures).

(in reply to Rising-Sun)
Post #: 32
RE: What are you playing lately? - 8/17/2014 12:07:51 AM   
bairdlander

quote:

ORIGINAL: aaatoysandmore

If you get any game you have to get "Red Dead Redemption", I read and hear it's the best ever game made for the Xbox and Ps3. I'd have it myself but I just can't see shelling out $200-$300 just to play one game as I'm not a cosole addict. I gave up cosole games with intellivision and never looked back. From then on it was PC and only PC. I don't even own a tablet or smart phone or kindle.

Oh sounds exciting,what's the game about?Is it about McCarthyism?Im just guessing from the title "Red Dead",kind of like the phrase "better dead than Red"

Post #: 33
RE: What are you playing lately? - 8/17/2014 12:32:25 AM   
CGGrognard

Currently involved with Close Combat Gateway To Caen.
More a more casual challenge, Mini Metro fits the bill.

"The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting." - Sun Tzu

(in reply to bairdlander)
Post #: 34
RE: What are you playing lately? - 8/17/2014 12:51:34 AM   
baloo7777

Advanced Tactics Gold v2.20c - random scenario vs AI.
Steel Panthers:WAW - campaign vs Jap AI on Guadalcanal.
Combat Command - just got this on sale, so still learning - fun, simple to learn.
Thinking about another go at Time Of Fury (with mods I've seen on the forum though).

JRR

(in reply to CGGrognard)
Post #: 35
RE: What are you playing lately? - 8/17/2014 8:35:49 PM   
Josh

quote:

ORIGINAL: baloo7777

Latest patch (v2.20c) sure shows an improved AI. All of a sudden the AI does an amphibious invasion on turn 10 or so. I was like *what the hell...?" "where did they come from?" Have to place some security forces there after all, no more vast empty spaces where no one ever comes.

(in reply to baloo7777)
Post #: 36
RE: What are you playing lately? - 8/17/2014 11:33:57 PM   
aaatoysandmore

quote:

ORIGINAL: Josh

quote:

ORIGINAL: baloo7777

Latest patch (v2.20c) sure shows an improved AI. All of a sudden the AI does an amphibious invasion on turn 10 or so. I was like *what the hell...?" "where did they come from?" Have to place some security forces there after all, no more vast empty spaces where no one ever comes.

You mean they finally took a lesson from the origional real tactics sorta gold "Empire and Empire Deluxe?" The ai was amphibious assaulting you before you could blink an eye most of the time, especially on expert ai levels.

(in reply to Josh)
Post #: 37
RE: What are you playing lately? - 8/18/2014 4:27:55 AM   
baloo7777

I had two turns in a row where I had broken through a part of the AI line and wheeled northeast with my mech units amd pounded the western flank with my heavy artillery, and thought I was on my way...when I was suddenly bombed and artillery'd by the stupid AI at my weakest point of the breakthrough, and units were suddenly massed against that part of the front to blunt my blitz! I had to regroup and found myself on the defensive a bit. I only started playing ATG this past year, so I'm no great field marshal or anything, but I thought the AI reacted brilliantly to my overextended attack... and was surprised, as in the past I think I would have gotten the AI to pull back around the city it was defending.

JRR

Post #: 38
RE: What are you playing lately? - 8/18/2014 6:50:44 PM   
KG Erwin

Since I have a 2003 model PC (which runs XP), I still play a lot of older games. Right now I'm on a Silent Hunter II kick (heavily modded) and play the Aces Kampaign. I've found that running it on 16-bit graphics avoids most of the dreaded Janus errors. I've had this game for 12 years and still don't tire of it. The Das Boot sound mod (plus the two additional sound packs) is still one of the best ones ever invented for any game.

< Message edited by KG Erwin -- 8/19/2014 2:18:25 AM >

(in reply to Rising-Sun)
Post #: 39
RE: What are you playing lately? - 8/19/2014 6:31:53 AM   
Rising-Sun

quote:

ORIGINAL: KG Erwin

Since I have a 2003 model PC (which runs XP), I still play a lot of older games. Right now I'm on a Silent Hunter II kick (heavily modded) and play the Aces Kampaign. I've found that running it on 16-bit graphics avoids most of the dreaded Janus errors. I've had this game for 12 years and still don't tire of it. The Das Boot sound mod (plus the two additional sound packs) is still one of the best ones ever invented for any game.

If you like those games and want to play them again in the future, keep the hardwares. Most newer machines doesnt run those old games well, also make sure to backup the drivers, mods and even the patches on those softwares.

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 40
RE: What are you playing lately? - 8/19/2014 3:38:24 PM   
madflava13

I'm in a bit of a slump right now myself. As much as I'd like to get back into WITP-AE, I just don't have the time to commit to a PBEM. I've been dabbling in DW: Legends a bit, but the interest wore off after a couple games. My problem is I have some time every few days, but not enough for a real serious game. I was thinking about getting Falcon 4.0, but the need for a HOTAS setup and my concerns about playing it on a laptop are keeping me back. I started reading about EVE Online recently - I've never done a MMO game before, so I'm intrigued. And I like the idea that my character will keep getting better even if I'm not logged in... I'm thinking this might be just the thing since my attention span and time are limited at the moment...

"The Paraguayan Air Force's request for spraying subsidies was not as Paraguayan as it were..."

(in reply to Rising-Sun)
Post #: 41
RE: What are you playing lately? - 8/20/2014 4:22:37 AM   
76mm

I played EVE for a while several years back. At that point, it was very hard to get beyond some very basic level with joining a clan (or whatever they were called), and that didn't appeal to me. Not sure if things have changed since then.

(in reply to madflava13)
Post #: 42
RE: What are you playing lately? - 8/20/2014 9:45:12 AM   
Hertston

quote:

ORIGINAL: madflava13

And I like the idea that my character will keep getting better even if I'm not logged in... I'm thinking this might be just the thing since my attention span and time are limited at the moment...

If there's one game I can think of that really doesn't mix with 'limited time', it's EVE. It's a wonderful game, but to get anything like the most out of it you really have to sink the hours in. While it's true your character stats go up without actually playing, they are relatively insignificant compared to what else you need to do and spend time doing to progress meaningfully within the game. And like 76mm said, corporation/alliance participation is pretty much essential as it's that that leads to all the good stuff.

Anyway, currently playing Don Bradman Cricket 14, Ground Pounders (a surprisingly good sci-fi TB wargame from the Sword of the Stars people ), and returning to AT Gold subsequent to the Steam release.)

< Message edited by Hertston -- 8/20/2014 10:52:11 AM >

(in reply to madflava13)
Post #: 43
RE: What are you playing lately? - 8/20/2014 7:15:26 PM   
Jeffrey H.

I'm still playing Empire Builder Pronto on the PC, it's about as good as any computer game has ever been IMO. Also been playing some AH Advanced Civ on the DOS Box, another great one.

Board games are taking the most of my available gaming time, Power Grid and Empire Builder being two recent ones.

History began July 4th, 1776. Anything before that was a mistake.

Ron Swanson

(in reply to Hertston)
Post #: 44
RE: What are you playing lately? - 8/20/2014 7:16:26 PM   
Jeffrey H.

Oh and also Golf ! It's a game too, you know. I play Torrey Pines on twilight rates once a week.

History began July 4th, 1776. Anything before that was a mistake.

Ron Swanson

(in reply to Jeffrey H.)
Post #: 45
RE: What are you playing lately? - 8/30/2014 3:47:57 AM   
Anthropoid

Minecraft, [URL=http://www.technicpack.net/]Tekkit Lite mod[/url]. Actually a variant called "JCLite."

< Message edited by Anthropoid -- 9/2/2014 3:54:08 AM >

The x-ray is her siren song. My ship cannot resist her long. Nearer to my deadly goal. Until the black hole. Gains control...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkIIlkyZ328&feature=autoplay&list=AL94UKMTqg-9CocLGbd6tpbuQRxyF4FGNr&playnext=3

(in reply to Jeffrey H.)
Post #: 46
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: What are you playing lately? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI