Playable on Galactic Map in editor not working?

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

CaptainBipto1

Playable on Galactic Map in editor not working?

Post by CaptainBipto1 »

I'd like to run a new edited in empire when my criminal network is built. Ceding the planet to the new civ. Planets become cumbersome in my pirate games. I think my freighters start transporting to colonies instead of smuggling!
Osito

RE: Playable on Galactic Map in editor not working?

Post by Osito »

I'm not certain I understand your question, but if you're saying you want to use the editor, mid-game, to change the empire that you're playing, there is a simple answer: it's not possible at present.

Edit: actually that answer is incomplete. You could create the new empire, make it playable, save the map as a scenario (i.e. in the maps folder of the theme you're in), then start the scenario as a new game. In that way you could play the new empire.

Osito
Osito
CaptainBipto1

RE: Playable on Galactic Map in editor not working?

Post by CaptainBipto1 »

Thank you! I want to play the pirate network "spinoff" with the existing pirate gang as close allies. No chance I could play two factions at once is there?[&o]

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”