A World on Fire

Post descriptions of your brilliant successes and unfortunate demises.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Orm

A World on Fire

Post by Orm »

After a long vacation from MWIF I am making another attempt at a Global War campaign and thought I would post its progress, or lack of progress here.

In order to get faster into the action I begin to show how I placed the French forces.

An added bonus with this is that you do not need to be bothered with looking at pictures with RN ships in ports all around the world. Who would care were they were placed anyway? [;)] And for those who know me will know where She is placed anyway. [:D]

As usual I feel that there is not enough land units for France. [:(]

Attachments
001SetupFrance.jpg
001SetupFrance.jpg (609.65 KiB) Viewed 695 times
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
Orm

RE: A World on Fire

Post by Orm »

Onwards to the German set up. Germany sets up its light cruiser force along with their U-boats in Kiel. A Corps and two divisions are also located in the Kiel area.

Attachments
004SetupGermany.jpg
004SetupGermany.jpg (450.91 KiB) Viewed 695 times
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
Orm

Post by Orm »

And a picture of the light German forces in East Prussia along with the heavy German ships.

Attachments
005SetupGermany.jpg
005SetupGermany.jpg (577.06 KiB) Viewed 695 times
Orm

Post by Orm »

And a picture of Army Group von Leeb located in Silesia.

Edit: Replaced the picture to correctly show the set up. I had moved a LND3 from the West Front to Silesia while I was making the pictures and it didn't show on any picture. Now the pictures show the German set up correctly.
Attachments
011SetupGermany.jpg
011SetupGermany.jpg (764.49 KiB) Viewed 695 times
Orm

Post by Orm »

Army Group von Bock and Army Group Rundstedt is located along the Belgian and French border.

Attachments
003SetupGermany.jpg
003SetupGermany.jpg (663.95 KiB) Viewed 695 times
Orm

Post by Orm »

Germany declares war on Poland. One US entry chit is drawn because of this.

Attachments
007.jpg
007.jpg (175.26 KiB) Viewed 695 times
Orm

Post by Orm »

The optional rules used in this game.

Attachments
008.jpg
008.jpg (304.41 KiB) Viewed 695 times
Orm

Post by Orm »

And a picture of the units scrapped during set up. As I often do I scrap a lot of units. And afterwards I wonder if I scrapped to much. I am especially doubtful whether it was wise to scrap the German mechanized Corps or not.

Attachments
009.jpg
009.jpg (383.26 KiB) Viewed 695 times
Orm

Post by Orm »

Poland use a variant of a classical setup that peskpesk previously posted on the AI thread. I am to chicken to use a truly aggressive set up with Poland.

Attachments
012SetupPoland.jpg
012SetupPoland.jpg (773.45 KiB) Viewed 695 times
Orm

Post by Orm »

Germany and Japan select a land impulse.

No port strikes.

Germany fly a naval bomber to the zero box in the Baltic Sea. No other naval air.

No naval movement. No strategic bombing.

Japan ground strike the two armies east of Changsha.

Attachments
013.jpg
013.jpg (619.35 KiB) Viewed 695 times
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: Orm

Poland use a variant of a classical setup that peskpesk previously posted on the AI thread. I am to chicken to use a truly aggressive set up with Poland.

warspite1

This is an interesting set up. I am curious as to how Germany plays this.
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
Orm

Post by Orm »

Germany makes no ground strikes and the Japanese ground strikes were a complete waste of fuel.

Attachments
014.jpg
014.jpg (381.21 KiB) Viewed 696 times
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Germany makes no ground strikes and the Japanese ground strikes were a complete waste of fuel.

warspite1

Yeah - everyone slaughtered me for ground striking with the useless Japanese bomber force - and rightly so!! [;)]
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
Orm

Post by Orm »

ORIGINAL: warspite1

warspite1

Yeah - everyone slaughtered me for ground striking with the useless Japanese bomber force - and rightly so!! [;)]
I usually use them for ground striking with no success. I must be an optimist because I continue to do so despite the lack of positive results. [:D]
Orm

Post by Orm »

No rail movement.

The two Japanese marine Corps move from Tsushima to Pusan. Japan also moves a HQI, CAV and a MOT from Manchuria into China. The Army in central China concentrate on Changsha.

Germany declares three attacks but only the attack versus the division is automatic so far.

Picture from Sep/Oct 39 Impulse #1 (Axis) - Land Combat Declaration.
Attachments
015.jpg
015.jpg (570.09 KiB) Viewed 696 times
Orm

Post by Orm »

Umezu looks at the odds for attacking the Chinese armies in the mountains by declaring an attack but do not like the odds 2,7-1 without any die roll modifiers so he decides to cancel the attack and sulk instead.

Germany launch all available bombers and half of the fighters on the Polish front in order to support the attacks. This makes the other two attacks automatic as well.

Oh! Bugger me! The game unexpectedly moved on to the Japanese ground support step. It turns out that the order to cancel the attack had not reached the troops. Curses! That is what you get when letting the local commanders get to much power. And I thought that I had to put my focus on the Kwantung Army so they didn't do anything that I would regret later on.

Attachments
016.jpg
016.jpg (566.05 KiB) Viewed 696 times
Orm

Post by Orm »

The ground support for the Danzig attack.

Attachments
017.jpg
017.jpg (314.78 KiB) Viewed 696 times
Orm

Post by Orm »

And the ground support for the Krakow attack.

Attachments
018.jpg
018.jpg (370.52 KiB) Viewed 696 times
Orm

Post by Orm »

Picture from Sep/Oct 39 Impulse #1 (Axis) - Land Combat Resolution.
Attachments
019.jpg
019.jpg (287.93 KiB) Viewed 696 times
Orm

Post by Orm »

The Polish destroyer flotilla is destroyed when the German troops enter Danzig and the convoy point escapes to Belfast.

Attachments
020.jpg
020.jpg (708.73 KiB) Viewed 696 times

Return to “After Action Report”