From: Fife Scotland
thanks for all the replies. I am continuing to experiment. I've tried getting rid of a chunk of the German Navy in order to build up faster and more completely. I've also made some minor changes to some other strategies. However, as I slowly get further into my games I am finding more issues that I want to ask about:
1. I knocked Serbia out of the war in Feb 1915. This is a major coup IMHO. Amazingly it says Italy is now only 6-8 turns from entering the war on the allies side! This doesn't seem right to me. The Italian entry into the First World War was a strongly calculated maneuver to benefit the state--they wanted to side with whomever could offer them the most AND deliver. So Serbia's very early fall should give Italy tremendous pause. After all, it means that AH isn't fighting on two fronts already. Going further, there was a chance, albeit much lesser, that Italy might join the CPs but I don't see any situation where this might occur. Anyway, I'm concerned about the diplomatic element of the game as it seems like it is missing something. Any thoughts?
2. How in the world do the Ottomans stop the Brit offensive from Sinai? The OE just isn't built up enough and their troops seem inferior. Ugh!
3. Is there any way to tell just how long a tech is going to take? It seems you only get this info once it is within 5 turns, but I'd love to have a better idea just how much time those bars represent. Do they all represent the same amt of time?
4. I thought that you where supposed to get half the prod of a conquered city rounded down but I'm seeing way less. Skopje was 8 but I'm getting 1. I'm no mathematician but I believe that is 12.5% and not 50%. ;) did I miss something?
5. Can anyone give me good strategies how to use my subs? So far hunting in the North Sea/north atl has been ineffectual. Otoh, in the med I combine the German and AH subs and really smack the Brit convoys thru suez. Works like a charm.
Thanks again for the previous replies. I'll try to reply to those shortly.
Hi AEWHistory and welcome to the CTGW forum.
In answer to your first question,Italy logically should delay their entry,especially since as you say you have just defeated Serbia,the diplomatic side of the game is one of its weakest areas,as there are very few ways you can directly influence how or when a Country will join the war and on which side,this side off the game is being looked at,and will be improved.
Your second question : How in the world do the Ottomans stop the Brit offensive from Sinai? Well to start Britain does have a tech advantage,so one way is to transfer extra men from say Germany if they can spare a garrison or two,if you can grin a bear it until the next game play patch,believe me Britain won't get it so easy,and Turkey will be able to resist more.
Your third question on tech build times: Different tech all have varying build times,but as a rule of thumb,unfocused tech takes about 12 - 18 turns to complete,focusing this tech speeds up its completion,but its slows down other techs within that area of tech.
Your 4th question : Was Skopje bombarded before Serbia surrendered,if so it would return less PP. ( I will look into this issue )
Your 5th question : Simple answer is build more Submarines,they are more cost effective, than they have ever been, in any other patch off the game,if Germany builds up their U Boat arm of the navy,it can be a war winning strategy!
< Message edited by kirk23 -- 8/7/2014 11:08:53 AM >
Make it so!