Planetary facility/wonder build rate?

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

silentdeth

Planetary facility/wonder build rate?

Post by silentdeth »

Is the build rate of planetary facilities and wonders based on population, or is it a fixed rate? What about pirate facilities?
My Let's Plays of Distant Worlds: Universe Season 2: Human|Season 3: Kiadian|Season 4: Pirate(Balanced)
Vardis

RE: Planetary facility/wonder build rate?

Post by Vardis »

It's definitely not fixed. I just started two armored facilities at the same time, and one finished well before the other.
silentdeth

Post by silentdeth »

ORIGINAL: Vardis

It's definitely not fixed. I just started two armored facilities at the same time, and one finished well before the other.

Is it base on the ship build rate then?
My Let's Plays of Distant Worlds: Universe Season 2: Human|Season 3: Kiadian|Season 4: Pirate(Balanced)
Aeson

Post by Aeson »

Colony build rates for ships and facilities are based on the population of the planet constructing whatever is being built. There's a cap on the build rate somewhere around perhaps 10 billion people.

Somewhere on the forums is a study that someone did on this where they plotted the build rate of a colony at various population levels, but I don't know where that may be found.

Edit - here it is: tm.asp?m=3341975
While that specifically is for ship/station construction, I don't see any reason to believe that wonder/facility construction follows a different pattern; larger population worlds definitely complete facilities more rapidly than lower population worlds.
silentdeth

Post by silentdeth »

Do the pirates hidden bases, ect. benefit from that build rate too, or do they have a different build rate?
Nanaki

Post by Nanaki »

Spaceports (Including pirates hidden bases) recieve no bonus to build rates. Planetary build rates only apply to structures directly built by that planet, such as colony ships, construction ships, resupply ships, and various stations.
I ate the batter of the bulge at Hans' Haus of Luftwaffles
silentdeth

Post by silentdeth »

Thanks, I didn't know that. I guess I can stop waiting for my population to grow to build spaceports.
Vardis

Post by Vardis »

A space port built by the planet uses the construction yard of that planet, and as such its build rate is affected by it. That rate is affected by population.

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”