Bonus from citizens of different species

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

dhayut

Bonus from citizens of different species

Post by dhayut »

There is bonus listed in diplomatic window.
Faster mining (Teekan), faster research (Kiadians), etc. from citizens of different species.

Game manual says I need at least 20% of empire population be of that secies to get full bonus.

My question is following.

I noticed that Securans population is 22%, but I don't have any bonus from them.

I have bonus for Teekan, Humans, Kiadians.
Empire population is roughly following:

Code: Select all

Gizurean	Human	Kiadian	Securan	Ackdarian
 110.19		17.52	32.34	60.29	13.8

Why I don't have bonus for Securans and Ackdarians?
Attachments
20140803_140951.jpg
20140803_140951.jpg (37 KiB) Viewed 76 times
Vardis

RE: Bonus from citizens of different species

Post by Vardis »

Securans don't have an empire bonus. Their bonus is planet based.

Those bonuses don't stack. So since the Ackdarian bonus is better research and ship maintenance (in addition to a planet bonus), you already have the best ship maintenance bonus possible due to your own race, and you are getting a better research bonus from Kiadians than you would from the Ackdarians, you don't get an additional empire bonus from the Ackdarians.
dhayut

RE: Bonus from citizens of different species

Post by dhayut »

Thanks!

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”