saves

Post bug reports and request support here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

charlie0311

saves

Post by charlie0311 »

Hi all,

I have a lot of saves in my game files. Is there a way to delete them "en masse" (more than one at a time). Maybe by using the program save files?

thx

ps using windows 8.1
Disgruntled Veteran

RE: saves

Post by Disgruntled Veteran »

ORIGINAL: charlie0311

Hi all,

I have a lot of saves in my game files. Is there a way to delete them "en masse" (more than one at a time). Maybe by using the program save files?

thx

ps using windows 8.1

Go to C: - Matrix - Dat - Save - Drag/Click - Right click delete.
charlie0311

Post by charlie0311 »

thx, I am pleased..
charlie0311

Post by charlie0311 »

can't get it for text files, ie, the event logs
jwolf

Post by jwolf »

ORIGINAL: charlie0311

can't get it for text files, ie, the event logs

??? I thought these were part of the overall save file. Are they really stored separately?
charlie0311

Post by charlie0311 »

ok, disvet, above is referring to the directory files, not the save files in the game itself ( the ones you see when you are saving, restarting, etc, a game. So I guess that does mean they are stored separately. What I was asking about in post 2 was how to delete the event log files (not seen in game save list(s). These are text files not, (for ex) .psv files.

btw i am a computer moron. Still, I wouldn't say stuff if I didn't think it was right.
Denniss

Post by Denniss »

Event logs are .txt files.
What's exactly the problem?
Did you delete the save files (.sav extension) but did not find the event log files (.txt extension) or do yo still see saves in-game despite deletion?
If you're in the WitE save folder, do you see a button "show compatibility files" ?
WitE dev team - (aircraft data)
WitE 1.08+ dev team (data/scenario maintainer)
WitW dev team (aircraft data, partial data/scenario maintainer)
WitE2 dev team (aircraft data)
charlie0311

Post by charlie0311 »

I am talking about the directory files, meaning the ones you find when you click OS, Matrix, GG WITE, etc. Not the save files on the saves page of WITE.

In my directory files I had a lot of stuff, download files from PBEM, game saves, and event log files. I was deleting the stuff I didn't need one by one. I asked if there was a faster way to do this. DisVet said do click and drag to delete a selected group of saves. This works fine, but not for the event log files, I noticed that these event log files are text files.

If you delete files in the directory you also delete that same file in the game files.

I don't need all those event log files. I want to know if I can delete them by larger groups instead of one at a time.

Your questions about "extensions" and "compatibility" is new to me but I will look. I have all the saves I want deleted, deleted. Well, that was awkward. I mean the files I was trying to delete are gone now, except the event logs.

Return to “Tech Support”