Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the Family
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

The Shakturi Presence

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> The Shakturi Presence Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The Shakturi Presence - 7/27/2014 7:04:23 AM   
Lucian

Does anyone know if the Shakturi always eventually show up as long as they are enabled? Or is there some sort of random element where they may never show up no matter how long you wait or what you do? I wish this stuff was documented..... :(
Post #: 1
RE: The Shakturi Presence - 7/27/2014 8:38:37 AM   
Kilravock

They show up if you trigger some events and after the average tech across the empires hits a certain level. What that is, I don't know. They have not shown in most games I have played though. So it's not random, but it's also not guaranteed they will show.

(in reply to Lucian)
Post #: 2
RE: The Shakturi Presence - 7/27/2014 2:18:59 PM   
Mortimer14

They sometimes show up even if you don't trigger any events...I'm thinking one of my AI opponents called them.

In my current game, I've found only one of the markers but the Shakturi are already in my galaxy.

In my second game ever, on "easy", they never showed up at all, but I think that may be because I wiped out the race that they were supposed to masquerading as before they could. I had wiped out 7 of the 8 opponent races in that game. I am sure that they were enabled in the setup screen.

(in reply to Kilravock)
Post #: 3
RE: The Shakturi Presence - 7/27/2014 3:18:14 PM   
ParagonExile

You need to actively pursue the Shakturi story arc for the "true" Shakturi invasion to begin. Or you can just add them as a race in the game setup :3

(in reply to Mortimer14)
Post #: 4
RE: The Shakturi Presence - 7/27/2014 3:30:23 PM   
Unforeseen

I've been saying this since I started playing, your tech level has nothing to do with it..... The entire galaxy could be stuck at tech level 1 and they will still appear as long as you trigger the right events/beacons.

My Mods:
Distant Worlds Overhaul Mod

Check Out:
Research Extended by Lurchi!

(in reply to ParagonExile)
Post #: 5
RE: The Shakturi Presence - 7/27/2014 5:43:40 PM   
Lucian

Yeah I've definitely seen them show up without me triggering a beacon. Whether one of the other races did it or not I have no idea. I've never seen them show up when everyone is at low tech, not saying it cant happen, I've just never seen it. And I've had many games where they were enabled but never showed up before I won, probably (?) because I won too quickly but who knows if they ever would have appeared?

This has been a frustrating mystery ever since the Shakturi expansion was released. Is there a random element in whether they will appear in a game or not? It would be good to finally know for sure.

< Message edited by Lucian -- 7/27/2014 7:07:28 PM >

(in reply to Unforeseen)
Post #: 6
RE: The Shakturi Presence - 7/27/2014 5:51:35 PM   
stormbringer3

When they show up in my games, I never come close to giving them a run for the money. I'd love some opinions on tech and strategies that might be better able to combat them. My only new idea is to war against the "Refugees" as soon as they appear trying to nip them in the bud.
Thanks.

(in reply to Lucian)
Post #: 7
RE: The Shakturi Presence - 7/27/2014 8:11:48 PM   
DeadlyShoe

They don't seem to care what tech research settings people are using, that's one big problem with fighting them.

(in reply to stormbringer3)
Post #: 8
RE: The Shakturi Presence - 7/29/2014 3:00:19 AM   
Mortimer14

When they show up I tend to exit the game and start over.

The only time I tried to fight the Shakturi, I had two "super" weapons built into my largest ships and ports. They still took me from 70+ colonies and 50 oversize fleets to 10 colonies and 3 fleets in less than 5 years gametime.

Even with starports at every colony, I couldn't rebuild my fleets fast enough to contend with the losses.

(in reply to DeadlyShoe)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> The Shakturi Presence Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI