To potential buyers...

Combat Command is Boku Strategy Games World War II operational game. strategy games played warfare on a hex playing field with turn-based game play utilizing company-sized units. Game design aspects include turn phases, combat resolution, unit design, scenarios and artificial intelligence.

Moderator: Obsolete

gabeeg

To potential buyers...

Post by gabeeg »

Just wanted to let potential buyers of Combat Command that at the sale price, this game is a steal for what you get. Its an enjoyable system and includes lots of scenarios. This is one of the most under appreciated games in the Matrix fleet IMHO. No problems running on Win7 x64. Works great, plays great. Great buy at the price...do yourself a favor and if remotely interested in the scale and period, buy it.
Kind Regards,

Harry
danlongman

RE: To potential buyers...

Post by danlongman »

I have to get on board with gabeeg on this one. It is a very versatile system and with a little imagination
you can do lots of fun things with it. I found it a great introducer for kids.
"Patriotism: Your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - George Bernard Shaw
budd

Post by budd »

Ditto... a steal at this price.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
TheGreatRadish

Post by TheGreatRadish »

Well, I bought it yesterday and went straight into the crash course tutorial without reading the rest of the manual [:o]. Absolutely no problem, and I am no grog. Once you get your head round the phasing system, it's fun and straightforward to play with a nice variety of scenarios (though I must confess that I thought there might be more).

Cost me less that £10 which is a bargain because I really think I'll enjoy this one.
Iwbtone

Post by Iwbtone »

am i missing something ? I find there is no tutorial scenario "TRAINING GROUNDS.CC.2ME" in the actual game ?
TheGreatRadish

Post by TheGreatRadish »

Yeah, caught me out too initially - it's not in the scenarios folder, it's in the root directory.
Iwbtone

Post by Iwbtone »

ORIGINAL: TheGreatRadish

Yeah, caught me out too initially - it's not in the scenarios folder, it's in the root directory.

Thx, found it finally[:)]

Return to “Combat Command Series”