Multi Screen Format

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding and the game editor for Distant Worlds.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

UhuruNUru

Multi Screen Format

Post by UhuruNUru »

I have 3×27 inch screens giving me 7680×1440 Screen Space using Eyefinity full Screen. The game Resizes fine by default providing me with the same Central Screen you see on a single monitor, but without the overlayed windows on it.
They all appear on the outside monitors. This is what usually happen by default for this type of game, it's not ideal though.

The Main Screen still has the Central bar at the top, which I can live with but would like to move, also the left windows are on left side of the left Monitor and the right or on the right side of the right monitor.

I have only one eye and though those far ends of the outer screens are great for 1st Person view, where they are mainly peripheral vision aids. With these small windows, peripheral vision isn't good enough to make good use of them.

I want to move them and resize them larger than the toggle switch allows. I need them next to the central screen and redesigning/repositioning the top bar as well, can this be done by modding the UI. I can't find much about UI modding other than changing the PNG images.

Return to “Design and Modding”