ESM in Harpoon

Harpoon Ultimate Edition is the best and most comprehensive compilation of computer Harpoon games ever assembled! The two flagship products in the Harpoon line up, Advanced Naval Warfare and Commanders Edition come highly expanded and improved from their previous versions. More than twenty classic versions of Harpoon are also included! Harpoon - Ultimate Edition is the most powerful and complete modern naval warfare simulation on the market and a must have for any Harpoon fan!
JoeDredd

ESM in Harpoon

Post by JoeDredd »

Hi fellas,

I've been trying out the different versions of Harpoon after nabbing the "Ultimate Edition", and the ESM functionality of 3.9.4 and 3.11 is confusing me. In 3.9.4, the red outlines give me an approximate direction and distance, usually in a rough triangle extending out from my ships. In 3.11, however, I get all sorts of bizarre shapes, often extending in multiple directions at once for a single contact. Which is the more realistic of the two? It is my understanding that 3.11 is the most sophisticated version of Harpoon, but I can't understand how ESM can be useful when detections are so ambiguous.

Edit: For anyone interested, there's an answer at www[.]harplonkhq[.]com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=499
JoeDredd

RE: ESM in Harpoon

Post by JoeDredd »

Here's a screenshot from 3.9.4 to demonstrate.

Attachments
Harpoon3ScreenShot6.jpg
Harpoon3ScreenShot6.jpg (107.88 KiB) Viewed 196 times
JoeDredd

RE: ESM in Harpoon

Post by JoeDredd »

And one from 3.11 for comparison.

Attachments
Harpoon3ScreenShot5.jpg
Harpoon3ScreenShot5.jpg (100.59 KiB) Viewed 196 times

Return to “Larry Bond's Harpoon - Ultimate Edition”