Idea Soviet Aircraft

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design, art and sound modding and the game editor for WITP Admiral's Edition.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

wdolson

Idea Soviet Aircraft

Post by wdolson »

In game Nome, AK is a backwater base usually ignored by both players. In reality, Nome was a very important base for Lend Lease. Soviet ferry pilots picked up planes in Montana and ferried them to the USSR through Canada and Alaska. Their last stop in North America was Nome.

To represent its importance, I was thinking as a mod you could put factories for US built Soviet aircraft in Nome. This would require the Allied player to defend the base and give the Japanese an opportunity to mess with the Allies by making a play for Nome. Since the Soviets rarely activate it probably won't have huge impact in many games, but it was a thought that popped into my mind in an idle moment a couple of weeks ago.

Bill
WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer
dr.hal

RE: Idea Soviet Aircraft

Post by dr.hal »

Or to simulate this need put a garrison requirement for the US in Nome.... either way you are taking troops that the Allied player could use somewhere else and committing them to the northern frontier.
msieving1

Post by msieving1 »

The Japanese didn't interfere with the Lend-Lease routes to the USSR.  I don't think the Russians would have been very happy if they had.
-- Mark Sieving
LargeSlowTarget

Post by LargeSlowTarget »

True, Japan was anxious to keep good relations with the Soviets. Only interference with lend-lease shipping from CONUS to Vladivostok was by US submarines which sank six Russian ships misidentified as Japanese.
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

In our 2x2 the Empire has already messed with Nome. They don't need encouragement! [:D]
John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

I like the idea of putting a Garrison at None. Am considering adding it to our three Mods right now. Good thinking!

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”