Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Is Taps Playing?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad >> Is Taps Playing? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Is Taps Playing? - 7/11/2014 4:00:50 PM   
Werewolf1326

... or are people too busy playing HOS to post.

I was a long time lurker here. Now a buyer (about a month ago) mostly because of the forum activity and extremely positive posts about LnL:HOS

Now this place is DEAD!

What did I miss? Did a dev pee in someone's coffee or something?

Freedom is not free! Nor should it be. For men being men will neither fight for nor value that which is free.

Michael Andress
Post #: 1
RE: Is Taps Playing? - 7/11/2014 4:48:33 PM   
Rick

quote:

ORIGINAL: Werewolf1326

... or are people too busy playing HOS to post.

I was a long time lurker here. Now a buyer (about a month ago) mostly because of the forum activity and extremely positive posts about LnL:HOS

Now this place is DEAD!

What did I miss? Did a dev pee in someone's coffee or something?

I also picked this up about a month ago, though I have to admit, I haven't played yet. I'm hoping that the silence is simply due to everyone playing and not having problems. And hopefully the devs are working on expansion modules!

Rick

(in reply to Werewolf1326)
Post #: 2
RE: Is Taps Playing? - 7/12/2014 12:08:25 AM   
baloo7777

I like the game. I have some of the modded scenarios and units. However, I have played most of the scenarios a couple times without any variation of units starting hexes. I AM NOT able to make my own scenarios or have point buy ins like in SPWAW. Awaiting some official new scenarios, as it is rather difficult (for me anyways) to change between modded scenarios/units. Also, the campain requires you to win to move forward, and I eventually got stuck (Rusky AND German). So...still waiting...and playing other games now (like ATG)...

JRR

(in reply to Rick)
Post #: 3
RE: Is Taps Playing? - 7/12/2014 10:34:58 AM   
acropora

I have some new scenario based on the East mod but ,as asked in the tech support(without answer),i have problem with the side.So i'm not able to post new scenarios.
The programmer seem desappeared and we have no news about new games.

< Message edited by acropora -- 7/12/2014 11:35:36 AM >

(in reply to baloo7777)
Post #: 4
RE: Is Taps Playing? - 7/12/2014 3:00:01 PM   
wodin

The spotting mechanic has diminished the game for me sadly. Sill have a go every now and again hough.

(in reply to acropora)
Post #: 5
RE: Is Taps Playing? - 7/12/2014 4:22:38 PM   
acropora

quote:

The spotting mechanic has diminished the game for me sadly.

Mean you that is too difficult to spot unit?Also for me is a little to difficult,we can ask the programmer(when are again alive)to increase the probability for the spotting.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 6
RE: Is Taps Playing? - 7/12/2014 5:28:06 PM   
Capitaine

Effective play doesn't depend on the spotting mechanic. I routinely won scenarios easily and never made a spotting roll. If you're worried about spotting you're doing something wrong; in my opinion.

My own play essentially stopped dead in its tracks when I got to a late German campaign scenario where I was to advance across three boards. By turn 6 I had secured my starting board, but a deadly Russian stack materialized right in the midst of my troops which had just cleared the hex where the Russians appeared. I reported this to the devs as a serious error of some kind, and was told it was working as designed and that I had simply advanced too fast for the script. I didn't believe 6 turns was "too fast" for the width of one board and was faced with having a killer stack in the midst of my rallying troops. Rather than backtrack to replay at the pace of the scenario script, I just stalled out and lost interest.

I keep meaning to pick it back up to decide what to do in this scenario and move on, but it's been overtaken by my backlog of games and I don't seem to be able to drum up the motivation to go back to it.

(in reply to acropora)
Post #: 7
RE: Is Taps Playing? - 7/13/2014 6:45:14 AM   
acropora

quote:

Effective play doesn't depend on the spotting mechanic. I routinely won scenarios easily and never made a spotting roll. If you're worried about spotting you're doing something wrong; in my opinion.

Is possible that you are right,until now i have not completely understood the mechanic of the game, having spent more time to the modding instead of playing.

(in reply to Capitaine)
Post #: 8
RE: Is Taps Playing? - 7/13/2014 10:34:58 PM   
z1812

Hopefully the developers are at work on the next title. This game has lots of promise and I hope it is realized.

A more accessible editor would be a great addition.

(in reply to acropora)
Post #: 9
RE: Is Taps Playing? - 7/18/2014 3:03:10 AM   
Philo32b

quote:

ORIGINAL: acropora

I also never spot and am fairly effective against the scenarios. I also never generate smoke. Both could be very useful, but the the failures from bad rolls take too much time away from the ticking clock of the scenario. Better to advance an enticing squad to draw fire. (Especially if you draw fire at a squad that is still under some cover. The AI is quite good, but it can still get a little jumpy at times and fire before it should.)

< Message edited by Philo32b -- 7/19/2014 3:26:41 AM >

(in reply to acropora)
Post #: 10
RE: Is Taps Playing? - 7/20/2014 8:48:52 PM   
jascou

IMO, those of us who own the game need to get online and engage in some multiplayer action. For months I've logged in to the server to see if there's anyone available and haven't seen a soul. Ever. Which is a shame, because this game would be a blast online. Plus, it might inspire others to purchase it (word of mouth, more forum activity, etc), and in turn, encourage the developers to continue to work on future expansions to LnL.

(in reply to Philo32b)
Post #: 11
RE: Is Taps Playing? - 7/23/2014 6:38:54 PM   
Jeffrey H.

I followed closely before launch but stayed away after release. It didn't seem to have enough depth and some of the mechanics put me off. The lack of forum activity IMO suggests that a lack of depth is a real problem.

History began July 4th, 1776. Anything before that was a mistake.

Ron Swanson

(in reply to jascou)
Post #: 12
RE: Is Taps Playing? - 7/23/2014 8:31:10 PM   
Werewolf1326

quote:

ORIGINAL: jascou

IMO, those of us who own the game need to get online and engage in some multiplayer action. For months I've logged in to the server to see if there's anyone available and haven't seen a soul. Ever. Which is a shame, because this game would be a blast online. Plus, it might inspire others to purchase it (word of mouth, more forum activity, etc), and in turn, encourage the developers to continue to work on future expansions to LnL.

Took your advice. No one there.

Freedom is not free! Nor should it be. For men being men will neither fight for nor value that which is free.

Michael Andress

(in reply to jascou)
Post #: 13
RE: Is Taps Playing? - 7/25/2014 5:46:53 AM   
jascou

quote:

ORIGINAL: Werewolf1326
Took your advice. No one there.

Ah, touché. I'll make a point of being online this weekend.

(in reply to Werewolf1326)
Post #: 14
RE: Is Taps Playing? - 7/31/2014 9:17:06 PM   
z1812

Unfortunately it is not a good sign when a thread like this pops up and no one from Matrix or the Development team comments.

(in reply to jascou)
Post #: 15
RE: Is Taps Playing? - 8/1/2014 5:25:21 AM   
Tom Proudfoot

I would but I dunno what to say!

(in reply to z1812)
Post #: 16
RE: Is Taps Playing? - 8/9/2014 11:01:50 AM   
meskary

I hope not, as I waited along time and have enjoyed playing this game. One suggestion that I would ask is all the add-ons and scenarios be put together with an update/patch so they are easily down loaded by all. Not sure if that makes sense or not...

(in reply to Tom Proudfoot)
Post #: 17
RE: Is Taps Playing? - 8/13/2014 3:39:48 AM   
Tim James

I really enjoyed my time with the game. I might pick up an expansion, but my gaming time is fading fast.

(in reply to meskary)
Post #: 18
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad >> Is Taps Playing? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI