Oil flow japan

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Marshall

Oil flow japan

Post by Marshall »

I am playing a new game as Japanese
I am planning to setup a supply trail, partly over land and partly over sea, after the initial campaign start and I have captured DEI and Singapore.

I want to ship Oil and resources from DEI to Singapore.
from there ship it by rail to Haiphong.
from Haiphong, I ship it over sea to Shanghai
From Shanghai by rail to Fusan.
from Fusan to japan Fukuoka

Now for this to work, the push system on land needs to work
do I need to put Stockpiling Yes on Haiphong and Fusan? or will it flow automatic to these bases (I don't see why the AI knows where i will want the goodies)

Also I ship oil, because if I do fuel, then I will leach all the fuel to the Haiphong and Shanghai bases, leaving Burma deprived and Malaya short on fuel for Singapore.

this route should be effective and keep the threats to tankers and merchants at a minimum.
I chose to go over sea for a part, due to the Chinese railroad system, that is partly in Chinese hands, and I do not want to depend to much on the Chinese theatre, for my supply.

so my question is:
do I need to put stockpiling on, in these bases
and has anyone else ever had these supply lines ? and what are your experiences with it.
DR
Lokasenna

RE: Oil flow japan

Post by Lokasenna »

If you set stockpiling at Haiphong, you may end up with everything sitting at Haiphong... I would turn stockpiling on nowhere. Stockpiling doesn't create anything more than a minimal "demand" for a resource type. You need to create true demand: build port levels for Fuel (only 1K each, but it gets you started), and start running Resource/Oil/Fuel CS convoys from the port you want your stuff to flow to (usually Fusan).

You also need to halt the convoys from places like Singapore, else Singapore will never ship that stuff out.

It's finicky. I can't always get it to work.

Lastly, you need to make sure you have an unbroken road system...so you need every hex between Singapore-Nanning and Nanning-Fusan.
Marshall

Post by Marshall »

but I want to let it flow to Haiphong by rail from Singapore to Haiphong
then ship it over sea to Shanghai, and railroad it to Fusan
so that way I don't need every hex up to Nanning, and also use the railroadd to move the stuff around, saving fuel and cargo ships
DR
Lokasenna

Post by Lokasenna »

So you would need to start running convoys out of Haiphong. You could turn stockpiling on there, but it won't help much.
Spidery

Post by Spidery »

I think there is a danger that the supply path from Haiphong to Singapore may be longer (in supply cost) than that from Haiphong to Shanghai and you may find that you drop the oil at Shanghai and it immediately flows back to Haiphong.

Also, note that if you pull a lot of oil from Fusan you will get the occasional failure of the refineries in Manchuko. This doesn't matter much in the long run.
PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

I run from Singers all the way to Fusan over land. Takes effort, management, and dedication, but it does work.
Pax
Endy

Post by Endy »

ORIGINAL: PaxMondo

I run from Singers all the way to Fusan over land. Takes effort, management, and dedication, but it does work.

Any tips you could share on how to do it? This is an aspect of the game that still eludes me to do properly...

Return to “The War Room”