Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Multiplayer? Etc.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Sovereignty: Crown of Kings >> Multiplayer? Etc. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Multiplayer? Etc. - 7/9/2014 7:10:12 PM   
Asty

Unique looking game. I'll probably buy it just to support some originality in a tired genre

A few questions / observations.

Is there going to be multiplayer? It seems well suited for PBEM ++ etc

Also I know that you are creating an IP from whole cloth but I think that a bit more work needs to be done fleshing out the world.

e.g.:

I think the concepts behind the nations are great. But the naming of the units is a bit lacklustre

Also the art assets apart from the main map feel unpolished

Don't like the unit portraits. They look like touched up photos - looks slightly amatuerish (sorry!)

Overall though, very intrigued.
Post #: 1
RE: Multiplayer? Etc. - 7/9/2014 7:33:19 PM   
arditidagger

As I understand it, multiplayer is not planned right now. I agree that the current abilities of the gameplay, would be interesting in pbem.

With the card artwork; is it possible for a moddder to add their own portraits/unit art?

I look forward to learning more on the game.
Regards, Russ

< Message edited by arditidagger -- 7/9/2014 8:33:28 PM >

Author of: "Italy at War: Uniforms, Weapons and Ephemera". "Japan at War: Uniforms, Weapons and Ephemera". "Italy's Battle Rifle" and "Germany at War: Uniforms, Weapons and Ephemera".

(in reply to Asty)
Post #: 2
RE: Multiplayer? Etc. - 7/10/2014 8:58:58 AM   
v.Manstein

No, there won't be multiplayer in Sovereignty.

(in reply to arditidagger)
Post #: 3
RE: Multiplayer? Etc. - 7/10/2014 6:14:11 PM   
Umbra

I have to agree with Asty on the art assets. At this point they just feel too generic to me. I think its a missed opportunity not to have unique art for each faction. Why not give each faction their own distinct visual characteristics that carry through all their unique units. Take for example the dragon knight guys, why not give them armor with a dragon motif.(scales,dragon winged helms etc). It would also be cool to incorporate a factions flag and national colors into the art(belts,tunics,heraldry on shields). I love the effort put into the various factions lore, it just needs to carry over into the art.

(in reply to Asty)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Sovereignty: Crown of Kings >> Multiplayer? Etc. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI