Adding troop maint. modifer for a single game and race?

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding and the game editor for Distant Worlds.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Keston

Adding troop maint. modifer for a single game and race?

Post by Keston »

Can I use the editor within the game to add an extra modifier reducing troop maintenance for a single race during that game only (i.e., no knock-on effects on any other game)?

(TroopMaintenanceSavings changes this in the races file, but that would affect other games in progress, right? Or is this modifier locked in when the game is started, so I should put it in for that and then restore it to the normal value?)

Does seem to work and give the maintenance discount in game.
ParagonExile

RE: Adding troop maint. modifer for a single game and race?

Post by ParagonExile »

No :(

Typically, editing a .txt file (like resources or biases or whatever) will not change anything in your current game. You usually need to start a new one.
Keston

Post by Keston »

Thank you. So that suggests for a one-off change that I should change the race file, then start a new game to lock in the modifier, and then change it back for future games?
Solarius Scorch

Post by Solarius Scorch »

ORIGINAL: Keston

Thank you. So that suggests for a one-off change that I should change the race file, then start a new game to lock in the modifier, and then change it back for future games?

I think it should work, though I've never tried.

Now is a good opportunity to test it. :)
Forever Future 1.7 for Call to Power - the biggest mod for the best Civilization-like game ever!

Return to “Design and Modding”