Tank biathlon 2013/2014

The new Cold War turned hot wargame from On Target Simulations, now expanded with the Player's Edition! Choose the NATO or Soviet forces in one of many scenarios or two linked campaigns. No effort was spared to model modern warfare realistically, including armor, infantry, helicopters, air support, artillery, electronic warfare, chemical and nuclear weapons. An innovative new asynchronous turn order means that OODA loops and various effects on C3 are accurately modeled as never before.

Moderators: WildCatNL, cbelva, IronManBeta, CapnDarwin, IronMikeGolf, Mad Russian

Alex1812

Tank biathlon 2013/2014

Post by Alex1812 »

Guys, did you see the international tank biathlon 2013? It's nice video especialy if you are interesing the Soviet tanks. T-72B crews from Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan and Armenia competed in driving, shooting by rockets and shells, firing at anti-aircraft machinegun. Kazakh and Armenian drivers are crazy men [:)]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gow2vq1_bxM

This video in Russian, but it has automatic subtitles, which can be switched to English translation.

At this summer we will see the new round of this biathlon with additional teams from China (MBT Type 99 or 96) and Kuwait (M1A2?). I think it will be a great sight.
Grenadier, Russian Corps
Napoleonic Wargame Club
MikeGER

RE: Tank biathlon 2013/2014

Post by MikeGER »

international tank biathlon
...and why does it has to look like 'Christopher Street Day' ...now even with tanks? Image
Alex1812

Post by Alex1812 »

haha, you're right! People have different interests. Some like to discuss tanks, while others want to talk on "CSD" [:'(]

Let's go to my initial theme. I realy want to see the new Chinese and some Kuwait tanks in actrion. It is the good ability to compare its with T-72.

And here is some photos and video from Russian stage of the competition 2014:

http://rt.com/news/169084-tank-biathlon-winners-gold/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBr5eNBmVSs

Here is also used usual T-72B and BMP-2, but in the final stage we may see improved version like T-72B3 or may be not [:)]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADcWl9IjlJ0
Grenadier, Russian Corps
Napoleonic Wargame Club
MikeGER

Post by MikeGER »

so you like funny colored Russian tanks toying around on a proving ground...

...and what has this exactly to do with Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm?
(yes, there are tanks in the game, but they are almost in every wargame, aren't they)
do you see any particular problem how individual Russian hardware from 89 is not correct simulated in the game stats?
then go ahead...

otherwise Moderator, please move thread over to Matrix "General Discussion"
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Mike, the post is a little off topic and would have been better suited for the general forum, but it does show some tanks seen in the game and it is not spam for ED pills. It can stay.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
MikeGER

Post by MikeGER »

yes, sorry i overreacted ![:)]

... as a man from the land of Tigers, Panthers and Leos, i just cant watch tanks getting 'humilated' like in the first vid [:-]
(its like a mighty Marine on a range but in a tutu over his MCCUU for Americans)

i have to found the P.e.T.A. (People for the Ethical Treatment of Arms) LOL [;)]
Alex1812

Post by Alex1812 »

ok, the new information. Today the Chinese tanks arrived in Russia. It is four Type 96А

Grenadier, Russian Corps
Napoleonic Wargame Club
DoubleDeuce

Post by DoubleDeuce »

Is this a real competition with top crews from those countries? If so, IMHO, it only reinforces the results I been getting with T-72's getting shredded when they are in the offense, they seem to have no on the move attack capability. I did seem some good hits, but only from fully station tanks.
IronMikeGolf

Post by IronMikeGolf »

The moving engagements are spaced out in the video. Not impressive gunnery.

Range to target unknown. Most crews were moving less than 10 kph (I clocked the Armenians at 17 kph). They should be moving close to 20 kph. The colorful targets had smoky flares on them, too.

Looks like a huge dog 'n' pony show.
Jeff
Sua Sponte
Mad Russian

Post by Mad Russian »

When was the last time you saw a 'competition' like this that wasn't a dog and pony show? Even for our own people. Let alone if it's being videoed for the world to see.

Good Hunting.

MR
The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.
DoubleDeuce

Post by DoubleDeuce »

I have to admin though, the fancy color schemes kinda grew on me after watching the whole thing but I think if some of those driver's were mine, we would have had some serious counseling sessions behind the tanks afterwards on "providing the crew with a steady platform form which to operate from". [:D]
Alex1812

Post by Alex1812 »

I forget about this theme [:)] Some quick notes. The range to targets were 2000m for guided missiles, 1600-1800m for shells and 900m for machine gun. Yes, the results of firing is not so impressive: the Russian crews have 3 hits and 1 misses, another teams shoot more bad. Nevertheless, I could not find any video showing the real results of firing for crews from Germany or US, for example. So we have only this results for T-72B now, and don't have videos for T-80, M1, Leo2, etc...
Grenadier, Russian Corps
Napoleonic Wargame Club
DoubleDeuce

Post by DoubleDeuce »

Do you know anything like these competitions for BMP's, preferably with the BMP-2.
Alex1812

Post by Alex1812 »

The first video from first stage 2014. Russian T-72B3 (improved T-72B) and Chinese Type 96A are here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ui-ZZohKQkc

Several interesting moments:

Type 96 started

T-72B3 get damage in the water

T-72B3 overtaking Т-72B
Grenadier, Russian Corps
Napoleonic Wargame Club

Return to “Flashpoint Campaigns Classic”