Matrix Games Forums

New Screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTYCommand: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTY is now available!Frontline : The Longest Day Announced and in Beta!Command gets Wargame of the Year EditionDeal of the Week: Pandora SeriesPandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

North Africa Map - Available For Download - Maknassy, Tunisia

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> North Africa Map - Available For Download - Maknassy, Tunisia Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
North Africa Map - Available For Download - Maknassy, T... - 7/5/2014 12:46:23 PM   
CapHillrat

This map is part of a series of maps I am working on to simulate II Corps fighting in Tunisia during 1943.

To download the map for your own scenarios click here:

http://thesharpendgaming.blogspot.com/2014/07/command-ops-north-africa-maknassy.html
Post #: 1
RE: North Africa Map - Available For Download - Maknass... - 7/8/2014 2:33:37 AM   
Tagüeña

(in reply to CapHillrat)
Post #: 2
RE: North Africa Map - Available For Download - Maknass... - 7/8/2014 12:02:02 PM   
ulisin

wonderful map!

do you think to design a scenario for this map?

I do hope so!!!

I'm eager to play your el guettar, too

(in reply to Tagüeña)
Post #: 3
RE: North Africa Map - Available For Download - Maknass... - 7/8/2014 12:40:18 PM   
phoenix

Yes. What happened to El Guettar, Cap? I thought you were doing a scenario for it? Interested in that and this map. Lovely map.

(in reply to ulisin)
Post #: 4
RE: North Africa Map - Available For Download - Maknass... - 7/8/2014 5:08:56 PM   
CapHillrat

Hi all. Thank you for the comments. I am retracing the El Guettar map again and that will likely take another couple of days. I finished up the scenario for it though and it has played pretty well.

As for this maps scenario, it will take a little longer. I am adding Italian units to the estab (borrowing on the work done for COTA), as the Axis forces will be a mix of Italian motorized and German Panzer forces.

American forces are the 1st Armored Division.

There is a third map of the Tunisian coastal plains beyond the Eastern Dorsal that I am also considering.

(in reply to phoenix)
Post #: 5
RE: North Africa Map - Available For Download - Maknass... - 7/15/2014 9:38:37 AM   
phoenix

I just downloaded, converted and started playing the Kekava scenario, Capn. It's fantastic. The map is beautifully done, really excellent, with enough detail to make the platoon scale work. I love it. Really good job - it must have taken a lot of work. Many thanks.

Will you post here when you've converted everything for 279? I would donload all the scenarios again, I think. Can't wait for your north-African scenarios. How are they doing? Are they to be normal scale? I think the platoon experiments have been brilliant.

Peter

(in reply to CapHillrat)
Post #: 6
RE: North Africa Map - Available For Download - Maknass... - 7/15/2014 12:10:33 PM   
CapHillrat

Thanks Phoenix!!! I will convert all of my maps and scenarios for .279 and post them in chunks on my blog and here. I got a little sidetracked on some other gaming and set aside the North Africa maps/scenarios. I will try and resume work on them this evening. The North Africa stuff is all at the normal scale.

Again I appreciate the comments very much!!

(in reply to phoenix)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> North Africa Map - Available For Download - Maknassy, Tunisia Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI