Characters acquiring additional traits

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

DrApostle

Characters acquiring additional traits

Post by DrApostle »

Hi!

I have toyed around with creating characters with different specific traits. I have discovered recently that even though you can specify 3 traits in the race character file, a character can still gain random other traits. Is this working as intended?

The character has the three traits I specified, but then is able to somehow gain an additional random trait.
BigWolfChris

RE: Characters acquiring additional traits

Post by BigWolfChris »

Characters can have upto 4 traits I believe
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 8 Core @3.7GHz
2x16 GB Vengeance LPX 2666MHz RAM
MSI RTX 2070 Armor 8G
SSD Drive
ehsumrell1

Post by ehsumrell1 »

Working as designed DrApostle.

Characters may start with up to 3 traits, but certain special race events in the
game can increase it to 4 or more for a select character. Characters may also gain traits. Traits can increase the baseline abilities or add new abilities. Remember though that Characters will not gain new skills or traits until their current ones are revealed, either initially at appearance (depending upon role) or after performing a required duty (i.e. Troop General with troops assaulting or defending a colony, Fleet Admiral in a space battle, etc.).
Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...
DrApostle

Post by DrApostle »

Thanks for the info!
Euler

Post by Euler »

Are the acquired traits related to how the character is handled...for example if the character does something bad is he/she more likely to acquire a negative trait and a good outcome gives a positive trait? Or is it completely random?
ehsumrell1

Post by ehsumrell1 »

ORIGINAL: Euler

Are the acquired traits related to how the character is handled...for example if the character does something bad is he/she more likely to acquire a negative trait and a good outcome gives a positive trait? Or is it completely random?
Very good Euler! It is randomized, but just the way you stated. In addition, the race Leader
(and Governor if located at that particular characters location) character's skills/traits that can be in relation to a character also affects it.
Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...

Return to “Tech Support”