Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Detaching damaged ships

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Carriers At War >> Detaching damaged ships Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Detaching damaged ships - 6/24/2014 6:59:01 AM   
Rasputitsa

Manual notes that parameters for detaching and scuttling ships are set by scenario design, playing Peal Harbor as US, I have ships with various level of damage. Only one ship has triggered the scuttle option (Oklahoma - 7 damage bars, speed 3 Kts), but there are other ships with various levels of damage which means the whole fleet is useless, due to reduced fleet speed.

Don't want to scuttle Oklahoma as it is port, but no detach option, don't want to take the VP hit and it may draw more attacks and save damage to other ships.

Early days for me with this game, but present settings for detach/scuttle (e.g. almost non-existent) mean that large fleets are being effectively disabled by damage to a few ships. Can this be modified ?

"In politics stupidity is not a handicap" - Napoleon

“A people which is able to say everything becomes able to do everything” - Napoleon

“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress" - Napoleon
Post #: 1
RE: Detaching damaged ships - 6/25/2014 11:46:30 AM   
Rasputitsa

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rasputitsa

Manual notes that parameters for detaching and scuttling ships are set by scenario design, playing Peal Harbor as US, I have ships with various level of damage. Only one ship has triggered the scuttle option (Oklahoma - 7 damage bars, speed 3 Kts), but there are other ships with various levels of damage which means the whole fleet is useless, due to reduced fleet speed.

Don't want to scuttle Oklahoma as it is port, but no detach option, don't want to take the VP hit and it may draw more attacks and save damage to other ships.

Early days for me with this game, but present settings for detach/scuttle (e.g. almost non-existent) mean that large fleets are being effectively disabled by damage to a few ships. Can this be modified ?

Corrected the detach issue with the editor.

“A people which is able to say everything becomes able to do everything” - Napoleon

(in reply to Rasputitsa)
Post #: 2
RE: Detaching damaged ships - 6/25/2014 5:58:00 PM   
Rasputitsa

The built in editor is a huge advantage in this game, found the 'Nimitz' buried in the Pearl Harbor scenario, but don't see how to activate it. Great shame in the movie 'Final Countdown' is that the Nimitz is taken back through the time warp before it can take on the Japanese fleet.

Would like to correct this unfortunate cinematic error, but need a hint on how this works.

(in reply to Rasputitsa)
Post #: 3
RE: Detaching damaged ships - 1/10/2017 7:25:39 PM   
ab067

Final Countdown

See this link: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1481059

(in reply to Rasputitsa)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Carriers At War >> Detaching damaged ships Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI