Campaign?

Command Ops: Battles From The Bulge takes the highly acclaimed Airborne Assault engine back to the West Front for the crucial engagements during the Ardennes Offensive. Test your command skills in the fiery crucible of Airborne Assault’s “pausable continuous time” uber-realistic game engine. It's up to you to develop the strategy, issue the orders, set the pace, and try to win the laurels of victory in the cold, shadowy Ardennes.
Command Ops: Highway to the Reich brings us to the setting of one of the most epic and controversial battles of World War II: Operation Market-Garden, covering every major engagement along Hell’s Highway, from the surprise capture of Joe’s Bridge by the Irish Guards a week before the offensive to the final battles on “The Island” south of Arnhem.

Moderators: Arjuna, Panther Paul

waynenh57

Campaign?

Post by waynenh57 »

Just bought the BFTB game and I can't see where there is a campaign.
Is there not one or am I missing something?
Thanks in advance for the help.

Wayne
Werewolf13

RE: Campaign?

Post by Werewolf13 »

No campaign.

Some pretty big scenarios though. There's a list somewhere. Maybe if you play them in chronological order it would be like a campaign.
Freedom is not free! Nor should it be. For men being men will neither fight for nor value that which is free.

Michael Andress
waynenh57

Post by waynenh57 »

Thanks!
simovitch

Post by simovitch »

ORIGINAL: Werewolf1326

There's a list somewhere. Maybe if you play them in chronological order it would be like a campaign.
One of the appendices in the manual has a historical narrative that ties the game scenarios together so at least you can play the scenarios and follow the Ardennes Offensive timeline.
simovitch

dazkaz15

Post by dazkaz15 »

To play the scenarios kind of like a campaign, I would suggest you start with the Hofen Ho-down Scenario.
Its quite short, with relatively few units compared to some of the longer ones.

Its also the most Northern of the Battle of the Bulge scenarios, for the first day of the offensive, that starts on the morning of the 16th December 1944.
From there I would suggest you play the rest of the day one scenarios heading south in geographical order.
So the next one would be Elsenborn Ridge, then Losheim Gap, etc.
After that I would move onto the next in date order.

Annex G of the Game manual, a link to which can be found on the very first window that pops up when you start the game, has three lists of scenarios roughly in Date order.

The AAR forum here
tt.asp?forumid=819
has a few Hofen AAR's that can be good for learning the game, and also helping to decide on a play style you prefer.

Welcome to the forum waynenh57, I hope you learn to enjoy the game as much as some of us here have.

Return to “Command Ops Series”