Fully OT: What is Best in Life?

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Footslogger

Fully OT: What is Best in Life?

Post by Footslogger »

After hearing this video clip, what do you think is best in life?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oTuiQIKDek

TOMLABEL

RE: Fully OT: What is Best in Life?

Post by TOMLABEL »

Puddingtang.

Nuff said.

TOMLABEL
Art by the Rogue-USMC

WITP Admiral's Edition: Ship & Sub Art/Base Unit Art/Map Icon Art

"If destruction be our lot - it will come from within"...Abraham Lincoln
Lokasenna

Post by Lokasenna »

I think this might be best in life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBGOQ7SsJrw
Cribtop

Post by Cribtop »

Your Father has season tickets for the San Antonio Spurs starting in 1978 when you are 10 years old. You have no idea what is going on.

You gradually learn to support other teams in other sports - the Cowboys, the Longhorns, the Rangers. All have lots of money and talent, but often underachieve, leaving you hollow. One team fights on. The Spurs don't always win, but they never blow it. You have to beat them the old fashioned way.

In 2013, the Spurs reach the NBA Finals against a Heat team we all know is the best. You convince yourself that everyone was playing for second this year and a loss to LeBron James is ok. Then the Spurs get within 28.2 seconds of actually winning a championship. The trophy is on the floor and the Miami fans are streaming for the exits. Holy Crap!

Then, for the first time in 30 years of you pulling for them, the Spurs blow it. This is, without any question, the single most painful sporting moment in your life. The team is devastated. You are devastated. The city is devastated. The star player's wife leaves him for her personal trainer. Life blows.

For the first two months of the 2014 season, you can't watch basketball. 30 years of belief is lost. You wander in the Wilderness.

One Day, your Father and your Son insist you watch a game with them. The team wins and looks very good. Unbidden, hope begins to return. You mentally agree to resume watching basketball with lowered expectations. The team deserves your support after all these years.

The team rallies for the best record in the regular season. They play a beautiful game not seen since Pele or the 1980s Celtics. You wonder if they could beat Miami given that home court advantage has flipped.

The 2014 Playoffs begin. After a tough series against a very well-coached Mavericks team, the Spurs find a new gear. They score 120 points per 100 possessions - a feat so ridiculous that the best basketball analyst on Earth says that only the X-Men could achieve it. The Spurs overcome their "bad matchup" nemesis in Oklahoma City and dispatch the league MVP.

Your team meets Miami again in the Finals. After an even start, the Spurs pass their way to a level of play unheard of in the history of professional sport, destroying the Heat in 5 games. There is no doubt, no question. This is not revenge. This is not even redemption. This is a team that never chokes reclaiming its identity. The victory erases the most painful sports memory of your life and replaces it with something glorious, a tale for the ages. A saga that reminds you of a simple truth in life: Don't feel sorry for yourself. Fight on. Come up screaming.

Your nine year old son watches most of this with you. For the first time in his life, he "gets" why sports are awesome. Your 3 year old daughter has no idea what is going on, but still learns to yell "GO SPURS GO!" You share the moment together with 3 generations. You will always remember where you were for Game 5.

That is what is best in Life.
LargeSlowTarget

Post by LargeSlowTarget »

The best three things in life are a drink before and a cigarette afterwards [;)]
Itdepends

Post by Itdepends »

Hot water

If you don't believe me- go for a 30-60 minute motorcycle ride in the middle of winter, then have a shower.
rockmedic109

Post by rockmedic109 »

Before marriage and kids, my answer would've been Ice Cream.

Now it is Ice Cream with my wife and kids.

AE is pretty high on the list though.
KenchiSulla

Post by KenchiSulla »

Dad, I want a hug... That's the best in life for me at the moment..
AKA Cannonfodder

"It happened, therefore it can happen again: this is the core of what we have to say. It can happen, and it can happen everywhere.”
¯ Primo Levi, writer, holocaust survivor
Encircled

Post by Encircled »

Losing 6-0 at FIFA to your six year old.
DD696

Post by DD696 »

No wife. No debts. No job. Seven corvettes, and AE.
USMC: 1970-1977. A United States Marine.
We don't take kindly to idjits.
tocaff

Post by tocaff »

A roof over my head, food on the table, a good wife, a dog and being retired with time for whatever (AE).
Todd

I never thought that doing an AAR would be so time consuming and difficult.
www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2080768
Icedawg

Post by Icedawg »

ORIGINAL: tocaff

A roof over my head, food on the table, a good wife, a dog and being retired with time for whatever (AE).

+1

Although I would substitute "cat" for "dog" and would add "small hobby farm" to the list.
dr.hal

Post by dr.hal »

Life, Liberty and the Happiness of Pursuit.
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

Wrong Cribtop. Basketball is Worst in Life (after futbol)

rustysi

Post by rustysi »

ORIGINAL: DD696

Yeah, got 3 of the 5, and working on the other two.[:D] For me though I'd have to change the seven corvettes to seven snowmobilies.
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
Rusty1961

Post by Rusty1961 »

Seeing my L.A. Kings bring the Stanley Cup back to its rightful home!
God made man, but Sam Colt made them equal.
DD696

Post by DD696 »

Hey Rusty something or another -

For a "Damn Yankee" [;)] you have obviously somehow acquired some smarts during your lifespan (actually, I originally came out of Idaho (some town by the name of Blackfoot [&:], so i cannot consider myself to be a Johnny Reb - General Sherman is a great hero of mine), - anyway, 3 out of 5 isn't too bad - means that after all, I still have hope for you! However, putting 7 snowmobiles in the place of 7 corvettes (to be precise, 1960, 1962, 1964 coupe, 1967, 1986, 2006 and 2009 Z06. means that, well, alas! - your life is seriously out of balance [X(]!

I will include you in my prayers to the Great Gorn.
USMC: 1970-1977. A United States Marine.
We don't take kindly to idjits.
fodder

Post by fodder »

The best thing in your life is your heath, but you will not agree with me until you lose it.
rustysi

Post by rustysi »

Hey Rusty something or another -

For a "Damn Yankee" [;)] you have obviously somehow acquired some smarts during your lifespan (actually, I originally came out of Idaho (some town by the name of Blackfoot [&:], so i cannot consider myself to be a Johnny Reb - General Sherman is a great hero of mine), - anyway, 3 out of 5 isn't too bad - means that after all, I still have hope for you! However, putting 7 snowmobiles in the place of 7 corvettes (to be precise, 1960, 1962, 1964 coupe, 1967, 1986, 2006 and 2009 Z06. means that, well, alas! - your life is seriously out of balance [X(]!

I will include you in my prayers to the Great Gorn.

Thanks DD696. I have to say though that I have always loved to play in the snow. Once upon a time I pushed my sled down a hill. Now my sled has about 115hp and I go up hills at about 75mph (I've slowed down a bit as I've gotten older).[:D]

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

rustysi

Post by rustysi »

BTW the 3 I've got... NO wife. No debts. (Go hand in hand[:D]). And of course... AE.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”