Settings not saved?

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Sokar408

Settings not saved?

Post by Sokar408 »

Is it normal that the settings you specify, like sound levels, automation, and so on, are not saved between game launches?
Bingeling

RE: Settings not saved?

Post by Bingeling »

It has been normal that they are not saved between patched. Since each patch had its own folder for savegames and prefs.

The latest patch moved them, and some reported issues with that. I am not sure if they fixed it before doing an official launch or not.
ekiller

Post by ekiller »

- savegame and settings folder location is now standardized to "My Documents\My Games\Distant Worlds Universe" (this remains the same across version updates)

With the above change, I guess this issue is fixed in the latest patch (1.9.5.4).
Bingeling

Post by Bingeling »

The beta had an issue if the user directory was moved, I think. I don't know if they fixed that.

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”