Setting attack strategy on ships

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Evrett

Setting attack strategy on ships

Post by Evrett »

I know that one can set the attack strategy when designing a ship but is there a way to change the attack range straegy for a fleet or individual ships. My ships are not getting within blaster range of a space port and the shields regen too quickly for missles to be effective. I want to change the strat from stand off to point blank but I cant find the setting.
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'" - Ronald Reagan
ehsumrell1

RE: Setting attack strategy on ships

Post by ehsumrell1 »

ORIGINAL: Evrett

I know that one can set the attack strategy when designing a ship but is there a way to change the attack range straegy for a fleet or individual ships. My ships are not getting within blaster range of a space port and the shields regen too quickly for missles to be effective. I want to change the strat from stand off to point blank but I cant find the setting.
Hello Evrett, the setting you are looking for is in the upper left of the Ship Design screen.
There is a pull down menu for Standoff, All Weapons, Point Blank.
Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...
Evrett

Post by Evrett »

Does that setting change the behavior for all ships of that design or just ones built after the change. The ones I've got are set to stand off and they need to be point blank to kil lthis base but in general I'd pefer them stand off
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'" - Ronald Reagan
warzer

Post by warzer »

I did this change the other day and it effects all ships of that current design. so any older ships using out dated designs need to be changed too.
Evrett

Post by Evrett »

How does one change old ship strat setting ? Retrofit >?
Spidey

Post by Spidey »

Nah, just select the ship in question and click on the design name shown in the details window at the bottom left.
fenrislokison

Post by fenrislokison »

ORIGINAL: Evrett

How does one change old ship strat setting ? Retrofit >?
It's a bit unintuitive, but even if you cannot change a currently used design in terms of components, you can still change its behavior and save it.

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”