Broken Issues that need fixed Please

Close Combat: Gateway to Caen is the latest release in the critically-acclaimed Close Combat series and focuses on the largest, concentrated British offensive since the Normandy landings in an attempt to penetrate the German lines west of Caen and cross the Odon River to get the stalled advance moving again.
Platoon_Michael

Broken Issues that need fixed Please

Post by Platoon_Michael »

Hello,
I'd hope that if a patch is comming for GWTC it would fix two things.

1) Even if I select the option to show "Display Team List F5" it never stays highlighted in the options menu.
I'm not 100% sure but this might be causing that option to not be displayed every time you use the zoomed out view in game.
I select the option
Load the game (Display Team List is there)
Use the zoomed out view and the list is gone when I come back to the normal view.
Go back to the options menu and its not highlighted again.

Attachments
Display Team List F5.jpg
Display Team List F5.jpg (109.79 KiB) Viewed 588 times
Platoon_Michael

RE: Hoefull fixes for next patch

2) I'd like to see the Tool Panel highlight the Team when clicking on their messages.
It used to do this in previous versions even on the zoomed out view.
Currently it will only jump you to that team but not highlight them,and if you have more than one of those teams in that area you have no idea who it is.
If your on the zoomed out view you have no idea who is speaking as it wont highlight them.

This panel will also not work period in normal view if you relocate it to anywhere else on the map.
It will only jump to said team area but not highlight them if its placed in the lower right corner.

Attachments
ToolPanel.jpg
ToolPanel.jpg (70.81 KiB) Viewed 588 times
MirabelleBenou

Post by MirabelleBenou »

Do not know if it's the best place for it, but it should be really usefull if this pannel can be organized by platoon.

It should clarify the display and will be very helpfull (I tend to keep the units of a platoon near each one others with their respectives HQ if it's possible).
Platoon_Michael

Hi MirabelleBenou,

I tried this once so I'm basing my results on that test alone.It does look like the Team List is in Platoon Order.
I added a numerical # to each team based on Platoon/Squad what have you.
I.E. 1,2,3
And as you can see it was listed in that order.

Also upon further review if you use the Team Display to jump to said team the Soldier Monitor will correctly display who/what is in said Team.
You can see here that I clicked on the Loyd Carrier3 that the Driver and the AT_Gun passengers are displayed correctly in the Soldier Monitor.

Attachments
F5ingameResults.jpg
F5ingameResults.jpg (144.68 KiB) Viewed 589 times
Platoon_Michael

If however you use messages within the Tool Panel to jump to said team,
The Soldier Monitor will not display who is within that team but instead stays with the last team you actually clicked on last.
In the Image below I had actually clicked on the messages from the Bren Section but my Mortar Team is still being displayed.

Some how,somewhere these option got lost after Wacht am Rhein.

Attachments
IngameTo..results.jpg
IngameTo..results.jpg (94.65 KiB) Viewed 588 times
ccguy

Post by ccguy »

When assigning support units one at a time I'd like to see PzIV x20 instead of PzIV listed 20 times. The new system really sucks compared to the old one, atleast in usability.

Soldier Monitor Panel has really small text on 1920x1200 resolution. Just tested Arnheim and it doesn't have this issue.

Moving camera with WASD is pretty much useless because the camera moves so slowly. You need to make it faster and smoother. Total War does it right.

I'd like to zoom out a bit like it used to be in Arnheim and beyond.
Renato

RE: Hopefull fixes for next patch

Post by Renato »

ORIGINAL: Platoon_Michael

Hello,
I'd hope that if a patch is comming for GWTC it would fix two things.

1) Even if I select the option to show "Display Team List F5" it never stays highlighted in the options menu.
I'm not 100% sure but this might be causing that option to not be displayed every time you use the zoomed out view in game.
I select the option
Load the game (Display Team List is there)
Use the zoomed out view and the list is gone when I come back to the normal view.
Go back to the options menu and its not highlighted again.

I concur; I had already pointed it out for PitF, which had the same inconvenience.
The same for point 2.
dima

Post by dima »

Hi Steve,

1.please adjust the accuracy of tank guns - it's kind of rediculous to miss 10 times at 100m with 100% (512) accuracy with full LOS on a concrete road :(. It would be good to have such a dispersion at at least 500+m against moving or obscured target but not at standing tank size target at 100m...
2.also "caliber column" seems not working in "weapons" as even setting 305mm caliber for 75mm gun results in same holing of opponent.
3.any chance to add a new "explosion effect" for hitting armor with sparks and no smoke?

Suggestion:

Why wouldn't you like to have Steam workshop option for GTC?
As now only manual install of mods works - too complicated for majority of players.

Nomada_Firefox

Post by Nomada_Firefox »

As now only manual install of mods works - too complicated for majority of players.
Are you sure? I would be surprised if the same program from LSA made for the mods can not be used here with a few changes. Just you must edit the code from the installer.

About the interface problems, the last interface is probably the worse from all the CC games, it looks better but it is very few useful because it can avoid you from see parts from the maps.
1.please adjust the accuracy of tank guns - it's kind of rediculous to miss 10 times at 100m with 100% (512) accuracy with full LOS on a concrete road :(. It would be good to have such a dispersion at at least 500+m against moving or obscured target but not at standing tank size target at 100m...
2.also "caliber column" seems not working in "weapons" as even setting 305mm caliber for 75mm gun results in same holing of opponent.
3.any chance to add a new "explosion effect" for hitting armor with sparks and no smoke?
Probably you can edit by yourself all these features.
MikeAP

Post by MikeAP »

ORIGINAL: dima
Why wouldn't you like to have Steam workshop option for GTC?

This, please!
STIENER

Post by STIENER »

i agree with all the above suggestions for fixes for the next patch.

my number one fix would be what dima asks for and ive beensaying and asking for, for awhile now.....fix that guns cant hit the broad side of a barn on there 1st shot.

Nomanda....most of us dont want to edit by ourselves all these features. we want them fixed by matrix as most of this stuff should already be done. IE: guns not being able to hit the broad side of a barn. this is basic game play stuff here.

dima

Post by dima »

Probably you can edit by yourself all these features.
do you think I'd asked if I could? :)

Nomada_Firefox

Post by Nomada_Firefox »

Nomanda....most of us dont want to edit by ourselves all these features. we want them fixed by matrix as most of this stuff should already be done. IE: guns not being able to hit the broad side of a barn. this is basic game play stuff here.
At my opinion, you are wrong, when you speak about how a weapon runs in the game it is not basic gameplay, it is a matter of taste.
do you think I'd asked if I could? :)
It should be very difficult, you must edit a file named modinstaller.iss. If I find free time, I will make it but I do not promise nothing.
dima

Post by dima »

At my opinion, you are wrong, when you speak about how a weapon runs in the game it is not basic gameplay, it is a matter of taste.

not he is not, guns/at weapons accuracy is totally rediculous.
STIENER

Post by STIENER »

taste? really? LOL.

hitting the broad side of a barn at 500m or less is basic game play IMO......and basic realism.
PztCrackwise

Post by PztCrackwise »

Guys, there are still gamebraking multiplayer bugs present! All the way back from CC5, these things still cause problems!

1) Pressing truce button is likely to cause crashes. Pressing truce then withdrawing it seems to increase this risk even more!

2) Calling in air support also has a high chance of crashing the game!

We spend at the moment as much time rebuilding the crashed battles as compared to actually playing! This is unacceptable!

Other major annoying things:

- When always obey order is not checked, soldiers don't attack or withdraw when under fire! (The famous "girly soldiers" behaviour.) You need to order them 100 times so that they move. This wasn't like this in original CC5, was introduced with the rereleases. (Checking always obey orders tends to decrease this irritating behaviour, however it also results in units with low morale not surrendering - disables some parts of the game's psychological engine)

- And as mentioned above, I also find the gun inaccuracy very annoying.
STIENER

Post by STIENER »

i have to agree again with pztcrackwise...these are still issues that come up and need to be addressed. matrix?
Platoon_Michael

Personallly I find it to not be good that no one from Matrix has responded to this thread.

Leaves me feeling the things I mentioned won't or can't be fixed .
STIENER

Post by STIENER »

perhaps a PM to steve directly? you gotta love one unfinished game to the next.
Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

ORIGINAL: STIENER

i have to agree again with pztcrackwise...these are still issues that come up and need to be addressed. matrix?

Agreed these still happen too often!

While the stability compared to the original CC5 game is improved it still isn't great...

Return to “Close Combat - Gateway to Caen”