Random game 1930 mod?

Post here to meet players for MP games and generally engage in ribbing and banter about your prowess.

Moderator: Vic

Twotribes

Random game 1930 mod?

Post by Twotribes »

Anyone interested in a random game of Bombur1930 mod? Say 6 sides? or 5? Xlarge map or XX large map?

I noted several problems with the mod, for example 3 Japanese tanks appear as Italian production not Japanese, 2 German aircraft does not appear due to problems with listing them a french aircraft appears as the KI-48.

Also as a note few things can upgrade.
Favoritism is alive and well here.
Twotribes

RE: Random game 1930 mod?

Post by Twotribes »

Infantry does not upgrade, in fact the only thing I found that upgrades is cavalry and Staff. As a note Infantry has no recon you need to make cavalry or Armored vehicles to scout.
Also Germany has no aircraft carrier capable fighters, probably true of Italy and the Soviets as well. Ohh and the french.
Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

I have changed the known bugs myself all though I also doubled the production of cities, I can make a separate mod with just the item changes but I don't know how to share it.

As to the french aircraft it has a descriptor for the KI-48, don't know how to change that and haven't tested to see if Japan gets the KI-48.
LJBurstyn

Post by LJBurstyn »

Have not seen this game before...been busy. What is the concept. Does it start in 1930 or some later year...I have plenty of time to play since I am retired but I do have problems seeing as I only have one good eye and reading a lot of text hurts after a while as only one eye can be used to read and it gets tired quickly. What nations are involved and what kind of distribution of players....I am playing in GDW#11 as the Japanese against China and the USA (same player). I prefer playing via dropbox as my email is limited.
Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

It provides custom units for Germany, Britain, the US, Japan, Italy, Soviets, France that I know of. No research except for special units. Each year each country is given that years research. It covers the late 20's to 1950 as I recall. It is designed to be used with random games. So set up and distribution would be random, we would have to agree on how that would work out.
LJBurstyn

Post by LJBurstyn »

Sounds interesting...would not mind taking a gander at it...let me know what you propose (sp)..which download is this?
Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

You can find it on the scenario site which is accessible from this forum.
ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

ORIGINAL: Twotribes

I have changed the known bugs myself all though I also doubled the production of cities, I can make a separate mod with just the item changes but I don't know how to share it.

As to the french aircraft it has a descriptor for the KI-48, don't know how to change that and haven't tested to see if Japan gets the KI-48.

As long as you are the maker of the game, and the opponenet has all the graphics required, I don´t think they need to download anything....
Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
    DC: Warsaw to Paris
    DC: Community Project.
Try this Global WW2 Scenario: https://www.vrdesigns.net/scenario.php?nr=280
Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

Well wouldn't that require they have the game since not sure all the graphics are anywhere else?
Rander

Post by Rander »

Count me in.

What files are necessary to download?

Bye!
Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

Bombur's mod is called Bombur1930 I believe. Or something to that effect.
ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

ORIGINAL: Twotribes
Well wouldn't that require they have the game since not sure all the graphics are anywhere else?

Yes, they would need the bombur mod 2 (the 1930 version), but not the modifications made by the first player starting the game.
Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
    DC: Warsaw to Paris
    DC: Community Project.
Try this Global WW2 Scenario: https://www.vrdesigns.net/scenario.php?nr=280
LJBurstyn

Post by LJBurstyn »

Well I think I'm ready...I downloaded a file by Bombur. I think it is the right one...if not I can always try again.
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

I will need to download Bombur1930, but count me in.
Are we like late Rome, infatuated with past glories, ruled by a complacent, greedy elite, and hopelessly powerless to respond to changing conditions?

Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

If we start to early most nations won't have tanks. Don't think US gets tanks till 37 or 38.

Infantry does not upgrade. Level 1 does not upgrade to level 2 and so on. Only Cavalry upgrades. Just so you know you get level 2 at 1940. Not sure when level 3 appears haven't played past 1941.
Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

So how about we start Jan 1937 with the following rules.

Each Country starts with 3 Research facilities, believe me you are going to want them just to make new units.

No combat for one year, 12 turns.

Do we want oceans? With all land the Countries tend to be one big blob with Oceans they tend to have 2 of the Countries scattered around. I like Naval combat but if we want similar start points we may need to forgo that.

I will start it since my modified copy has the known SFT problems fixed, There may be more I tend to play the Germans so only see enemy forces though I did a 1940 start and checked for known problems with 6 of the nations.

Further I doubled production, Capitol city does 20k, the other cities do 10k And factories do 16k.

A warning Staff costs 1000 per one as well as research. SO building staff will be a bear. Captured cities of other nations allow research and supply to be produced at twice the normal cost. The raw and oil are set a little higher then normal so initially that should not be a problem. But again raising them to level 2 and 3 is gonna hurt.

Do we want to wait for more or start with 4?
LJBurstyn

Post by LJBurstyn »

That's agreeable. I would prefer similar start points.
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

Have to agree mirror would be fairer. The rest sounds ago.
Are we like late Rome, infatuated with past glories, ruled by a complacent, greedy elite, and hopelessly powerless to respond to changing conditions?

Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

How do I put it on Drop box? Haven't made it yet.
Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

Ok I just made a game, it has Britain, Germany, Japan and France. And they go in that order.

All 4 countries are complete no outlays.

The British and Japanese have a small front and the Germans and French have a small front.

I prefer the Germans

As I recall it costs PP to declare war, Can't remember how much want to say 20 but really can't remember.

Return to “Opponents Wanted”