More Things We Want In War Games! And How Matrix Games can make alot of money

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

GeneralSauce

More Things We Want In War Games! And How Matrix Games can make alot of money

Post by GeneralSauce »

Hello,

I was asked to post an email that I sent to slitherine with advice on how to create better games and keep players happy. I have cut and pasted the email:

Hello,

I love your games and i've been a huge CC fan since the original Bridge too Far back in the 90's. i have lots of friends who play this game and have been involved in forums and talking with people about these games for almost 2 decades. I also own every single CC game. Can I offer you an opinion? One that will please your fans most heartily and also make you lots and lots of money? It's simple, create a new game, any World War 2 in Europe sub-setting will work ( Say Kursk Salient or Sevastopol, etc.). And simply base that game on the the game play of Close Combat Russian Front/Cross of Iron. Its hands down the best one of all. What makes it the best? The POINT BASED requisition system that all the others lack. It's one where the battles you create have teams allocated to them OR (especially for multiplayer) you can simply give players, say, 1000 points each and LET THEM CHOOSE there own teams. It's like spending money. Its so much more fun that way and so much more fun to create battles. The choosing of the teams and spending your "money" is a way better way to play these games. It also is a fool proof way for creating a fair and even battle. Or, on the other hand, its easy to handicap a better player by simply giving them less points. The much larger 7-10 team member combat teams are also far more fun, especially in urban combat maps. Panzers in the Fog is great and many ways, but also a complete failure. Part of the failure is in these small teams and huge maps and lack of point based system. Anyways, if you want to use fan feedback to create better games, here is some and I believe I am speaking for many people. and if you don't believe me, ask other players. Cross of Iron's system is far better, which is why it has survived so long and remained popular. I'm sure that some people will post that this isn't true and there are always players that won't agree, but i know that i am personally speaking for scores of long time players. The new games are just not as good. Based on the play of Panzers in the Fog, I probably won't purchase the latest Caen game.

Thanks for listening. I hope someone has taken the time to read this, as i've spend a ton of money on these games and that should count for something.
Sam Day

Return to “General Discussion”