Matrix Games Forums

Buzz Aldrins Space Program Manager is now available!Space Program Manager gets mini-site and Twitch SessionBuzz Aldrin: Ask Me Anything (AMA) on redditDeal of the week Fantasy Kommander: Eukarion WarsSpace Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Smaller scenarios

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Smaller scenarios Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Smaller scenarios - 6/8/2014 3:09:52 AM   
Qwixt

I was trying to figure out what sort of scenarios/campaigns WitP:AE has. I am considering buying it, but I know I wouldn't have the patience or the time to play the big campaign. I was hoping that there might be a variety of smaller scenarios/campaigns to learn and play the game.
Post #: 1
RE: Smaller scenarios - 6/8/2014 7:12:53 AM   
Yaab

The Coral Sea scenario is a nice, introductory scenario. You will learn carrier operations there and, as the Japanese side, perform some amphibious operations.

(in reply to Qwixt)
Post #: 2
RE: Smaller scenarios - 6/8/2014 11:03:56 AM   
SierraJuliet

It is well worth the purchase. Enough smaller scenarios that will keep you occupied and thinking. Quick turns but the scenarios will last for some time.

Coral Sea is a good taste of carrier v carrier.

Guadalcanal will give you plenty to think about without having to worry about the whole Pacific Theatre.

(in reply to Yaab)
Post #: 3
RE: Smaller scenarios - 6/8/2014 11:10:29 AM   
dr.hal

The smaller scenarios are a challenge for new players. However once completed a number of times (to get the rhythm of the game) I'm sure you will want to move up to the campaign. You can save the game and step away for as long as you like.... but the real fun in the game is the long term strategy couples with the logistics to get a feel for just what challenges the Pacific Ocean had in store for the combatants. Hal

(in reply to SierraJuliet)
Post #: 4
RE: Smaller scenarios - 6/8/2014 8:15:07 PM   
Qwixt

Thanks for the replies. I am leaning towards getting it before this sale ends. I just wanted to make sure there were some easier scope scenarios. The game sounds intimidating from what I have read over the years.

(in reply to dr.hal)
Post #: 5
RE: Smaller scenarios - 6/9/2014 6:35:12 PM   
Qwixt

Unfortunately, I got pulled into a work escalation issue, and I wasn't able to buy it before the sale ended. I basically forgot about buying after working till 3:15 am, and just went to bed.

(in reply to Qwixt)
Post #: 6
RE: Smaller scenarios - 6/9/2014 6:46:24 PM   
Yaab

Believe me, if you are interested in WWII, the WITP:AE database itself is worth $300.

(in reply to Qwixt)
Post #: 7
RE: Smaller scenarios - 6/9/2014 6:51:38 PM   
geofflambert

You can have great fun playing the campaign game against the AI at any pace you like. You can also create your own scenarios.

(in reply to Yaab)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Smaller scenarios Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI