a NEW couple of things...

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

thefinn12345

a NEW couple of things...

Post by thefinn12345 »

How does one defend against gravitic weapons ? I came up against an AI (might've been pirate, but now I can't remember) and it just went gravitics... holy crap straight through all shields and armor AND they have powerful tractors - seems op ?

2nd thing: Can anyone offer suggestions regarding making sure the AI doesn't go broke ? I find the AI seems to just run around and go broke by the time I'm ready to fight. If I just run an empire completely automated with default settings, I find my empire goes broke also - did someone muff the settings up ?? :)

Has anyone tried the difficulty gets harder as you approach victory setting ?
Bingeling

RE: a NEW couple of things...

Post by Bingeling »

Rail guns and gravitics are painful, but not so fun to use.

Kill them before they hurt you. Have a spaceport to repair them nearby. Research repair bots, quite far in the damage control branch which is the bottom branch of the energy tab.

Broke? The issue has been with the AI not building stuff, it has become better. Is it broke as in just 50K on hand, or broke as in -300K on hand?

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”