Ship/Troop Pictures

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding and the game editor for Distant Worlds.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

SeeRed15

Ship/Troop Pictures

Post by SeeRed15 »

I've been working on making a few new races which is relatively easy. The only hard part I've run into is making new troop and ship pictures for them that are unique. Does anyone know any programs that would be good for this? Or even if someone wants to work with me and make the pictures that'd be cool. Any help would be appreciated because that's the only thing I am missing.
2guncohen

RE: Ship/Troop Poctures

Post by 2guncohen »

What do you have in mind ?
SeeRed15

Post by SeeRed15 »

For example:

The first race I have created is the Aeolipians, a robotic race. I have all the traits, it's race picture, dialogs, etc completed and are beginning to test it. However, I am just using the Mechanoid troop and ship pictures. I'd ultimately like to have a new set for each either starting from scratch or picking other pictures already made and editing them. That way, it's a complete new race customized just for the Aeolipians instead of it being a new race using the Mechanoid (or any other race) pictures.
2guncohen

Post by 2guncohen »

What I do is search for pictures, art and sprites till I have a collection I can work with.
If you type: robot sprite in google you will find allot of models you can work with.

And don't forget to give credit to the artist.

Return to “Design and Modding”