YouTube Collaborative Series

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

DasTactic

YouTube Collaborative Series

Post by DasTactic »

Larry 'Starlab' Monte and I have been in discussion over the last couple of weeks fleshing out an idea for a collaborative YouTube let's play series involving various guest players.

We have come up with an idea we think will be interesting to both play and watch.

House Rules:

The game will be played in a three-year cycle. Each year within the phase will be played by a different player. Phase 1 year will be played by Larry. Phase 2 year will be played by me. And the guest players will play the phase 3 year. Then we start the cycle over again.

The 'rub' is that each phase will have its own fleet and the current player can not interact, order, or manipulate the other two phase fleets.

We will be using Brone's compilation theme pack of Haree78's DW Extended Universe mod.

Should be fun.

Playlist:

Distant Worlds Collaborative Series Playlist

Introduction Video:

Introduction Video

Guest Entry Conditions:
I had meant to add this and have since received a number of messages etc about entry as a guest in the series. We have wanted to get a mix of players of different skill levels - some completely new to the game. So we set the entry point at 500 YouTube subs.
vmxa_slith

RE: YouTube Collaborative Series

Post by vmxa_slith »

Good start Das, no game music please. I know Larry does not use it, so the first set will be fine.
GrumpyLion89

Post by GrumpyLion89 »

Hello Das, Larry.

Great idea! I found this post true episode 0.
Is there a way I can apply to play a phase?

I know both of you (your channels), actualy, you got me into Distant Worlds, Das. (And thank you by the way)
Until end of last year I posted video's on youtube regularly, so I am able to record my actions and post them on youtube so if people want to follow along the can.
If you want to know anything else, sent me a PM and I provide you with my e-mail.

Kind Regards,
GrumpyLion89
FingNewGuy

Post by FingNewGuy »

I just watched the Intro vid- I hate to say it, but when you came back after including the races you wanted, the Size and Tech level columns all showed Random. You wanted the other races a step ahead of your empire, or did you change your minds while setting up the other races?
DasTactic

Post by DasTactic »

I just updated the OP with the 'guest application requirements'. I've had a few requests via the forum and also on my channel. Basically when we were planning the series we had decided to set this at 500+ YouTube subs for a number of reasons. First of all it would mean the series would continue under its own head of steam as far as viewers were concerned. Secondly we thought this might expose the game to a broader audience. Thirdly it would mean the participants have a good understanding of the intricacies of what is required to record, submit etc to YouTube for an audience. Fourthly, given the nature of inviting guests in to the game rather than starting with set players, we needed some sort of qualification mechanism that meant we weren't the ones making the call on who was in and who was out.

So if you or anyone you know meets that 500+ subscription mark and would is interested then please PM me or Larry. :)

We hope that the community will join in though and continue to provide advice and comments here in the forum and on the channels. Larry is a good one for responding to advice on YouTube but I'm not so good. I tend to miss a lot of comments unfortunately. This thread or a PM from the forum would be best for me. :)

As for missing the 'random' settings, when we paused the recording to set up the universe Larry and I thought that the random settings may still only be a setting or two away from the original settings so we hope that is the case - otherwise its start again time. Erik, is this something you can confirm one way or another?
Icemania

Post by Icemania »

Great idea!

I trust you will hand over to Angry Joe when the Shakturi invade and kick his *ss ... !!!
StarLab

Post by StarLab »

I'm just getting ready to record Episode 1 which will span the first year of the game.

This particular race brings me full circle on my Youtube channel as the Keskudons were the race I played for my first LP back in the days of Legends. They are one of the most evil, aggressive, hated, and anti-social (and ugly) races in the game. This should be fun! [8D]

I'll post back here once the episode goes live later today. Let the fun begin! [:)]
Haree78

Post by Haree78 »

I am Soooooooo looking forward to this! [:)]
StarLab

Post by StarLab »

I just published year-one of this game.

Direct link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oe6Fu9DPiA4

My Playlist:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... ne_KxkLT76

See OP for Das' Playlist...

And the fun begins! [:D][8D]
DasTactic

Post by DasTactic »

Great start Larry. :) Having those 2 independents close by is going to be very handy.
StarLab

Post by StarLab »

ORIGINAL: Das123

Great start Larry. :) Having those 2 independents close by is going to be very handy.

hehe... One of those independents is no longer independent - Just a bunch of slaves now!

We're such an Evil Race... Love it! [8D]
Tophat1815

Post by Tophat1815 »

Love this series so far gents. Going from the master of micromanagement in Larry to Das123 or Mr.Automate everything is perfect. Who is the middle of the road guy you fellows have in mind for player#3? Try quil18?
DasTactic

Post by DasTactic »

Year 2 Part 1 ~ Resource Issues

In answer to your suggestion, Quill18 is currently too busy with other projects but there are a bunch of other YouTubers of varying exposure to the game lined up.

Year 3 will be run by Tokshen who is a DW newbie so that should be fun. :)
Haree78

Post by Haree78 »

Assimilate the budgies?! Sounds like the leader of the Empire needs to be ousted and a leader with balls put in his place!
ASHBERY76

Post by ASHBERY76 »

ORIGINAL: Haree78

Assimilate the budgies?! Sounds like the leader of the Empire needs to be ousted and a leader with balls put in his place!

Indeed.I tend to roleplay races too.
DasTactic

Post by DasTactic »

StarLab

Post by StarLab »

Intergalactic Message
To: StarLab's Fleet

Message reads:

"Smoke 'em if ya got 'em. You're on vacation in deep space for the next year."

-end
DasTactic

Post by DasTactic »

Lol. And here I was thinking the fleet was being sent into exile for failing to protect the system's critical caslon supply.
FireStarterXoX69

Post by FireStarterXoX69 »

Aw, unfortunate you need more than 500 subs. I'm almost there :P

I like the idea of this series and I'll be keeping my eyes on this.
vmxa_slith

Post by vmxa_slith »

Yes Das said that, 500 subs.

Return to “After Action Reports”