Atlas Agena/GATV database correction

This forum supports the Early Access Program for the PC for Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager (SPM). iOS, Android and Mac releases are still in development. SPM is the ultimate game of space exploration. It is the mid 1950s and the race for dominance between the US and the Soviet Union is about to move into a new dimension: space. Take charge of the US or Soviet space agencies - your duty is be the first to the moon. Carefully manage your budget by opening programs, spending R&D funds on improving the hardware, recruiting personnel and astronauts and launching space missions in this realistic turn based strategy game.

Moderator: MOD_BuzzAldrin

CV60

Atlas Agena/GATV database correction

Post by CV60 »

I'm doing a playtest now using 0.7.18. In the Gemini program, it appears that the Atlas Agena booster won't lift the Agena target vehicle to LEO as it did in real life.
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (224.24 KiB) Viewed 121 times
“Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?” -Abraham Lincoln
Nacho84

RE: Atlas Agena/GATV database correction

Post by Nacho84 »

Hello CV60,

Apologies for the late reply, we've been busy with other areas.

Notice that, by selecting the Atlas-Agena booster, your full stack will look like this:

Agena Target Vehicle
Agena booster
Atlas rocket

So the behaviour you're getting is correct, since an Atlas-Agena is not capable of placing an ATV in LEO. You should select, for example, an Atlas rocket, so your final stack would become:

Agena Target Vehicle
Atlas rocket

Notice that this won't work in 0.7.18 anyway, because we're not taking into account the fact that a payload can have a propulsion element. I have just fixed this so, starting with 0.7.19, the propulsion component that some mission components have will be taken into account in the calculation.

Interesting bug, thanks for reporting it [:)]

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti
Lead Developer of Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager
Polar Motion

www.polar-motion.com
spm.slitherine.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/PolarMotion

Return to “Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager”