Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Modifying Components

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Design and Modding >> Modifying Components Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Modifying Components - 5/29/2014 1:30:40 AM   
MartialDoctor

Hey everyone,

I just came back to check on Universe as I wish to mod several things on components.

The main thing I want to change is the cost and maintenance of several components... I have been looking through the files but can't find anything.

Am I missing something here? Is there no way to change the cost or maintenance of components?
Post #: 1
RE: Modifying Components - 5/29/2014 2:12:48 AM   
Darkspire

quote:

ORIGINAL: MartialDoctor

Hey everyone,

I just came back to check on Universe as I wish to mod several things on components.

The main thing I want to change is the cost and maintenance of several components... I have been looking through the files but can't find anything.

Am I missing something here? Is there no way to change the cost or maintenance of components?

There is no direct way in components.txt to change the maintenance cost.

Not saying it will work but have a look in resources.txt at the resources used for the component and reduce the base price on the resources used for that component?

Just remember to zip the unmodified resources.txt so you can roll back to the original file when you have finished testing or if things do not work as hoped

Darkspire

Darkspires's File Repository

Dual Core E4500 2.20GHz - GeForce 8800GT (1gb) - XP 32bit 4gb with a 3gb twist and a shaking of PAE

(in reply to MartialDoctor)
Post #: 2
RE: Modifying Components - 5/29/2014 2:41:21 AM   
MartialDoctor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Darkspire

quote:

ORIGINAL: MartialDoctor

Hey everyone,

There is no direct way in components.txt to change the maintenance cost.

Not saying it will work but have a look in resources.txt at the resources used for the component and reduce the base price on the resources used for that component?

Just remember to zip the unmodified resources.txt so you can roll back to the original file when you have finished testing or if things do not work as hoped

Darkspire

Unfortunately, though, increasing (I want to increase, not decrease) the base price of a component will make both the price and the maintenance go up. The price more than the maintenance, I'm sure.

Basically, all I want to do is significantly increase the maintenance cost of certain components (research labs, manufacturing plants, mining stations).

(in reply to Darkspire)
Post #: 3
RE: Modifying Components - 5/29/2014 2:49:27 AM   
Darkspire

quote:

Unfortunately, though, increasing (I want to increase, not decrease) the base price of a component will make both the price and the maintenance go up. The price more than the maintenance, I'm sure.

Basically, all I want to do is significantly increase the maintenance cost of certain components (research labs, manufacturing plants, mining stations).

Just increase the base prices then, note the original / vanilla value and increase it by 10, see what you end up with, that way you will have a rough idea of how to scale the increases so that you can find a happy medium that will do close to what you want without needing an overdraft to build the next object.

Darkspire

Darkspires's File Repository

Dual Core E4500 2.20GHz - GeForce 8800GT (1gb) - XP 32bit 4gb with a 3gb twist and a shaking of PAE

Post #: 4
RE: Modifying Components - 5/29/2014 3:23:19 AM   
MartialDoctor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Darkspire

Just increase the base prices then, note the original / vanilla value and increase it by 10, see what you end up with, that way you will have a rough idea of how to scale the increases so that you can find a happy medium that will do close to what you want without needing an overdraft to build the next object.

Darkspire

I'm trying to modify the maintenance of those components. Not the base price.

Besides that, if I change the price of certain resources, that will affect everything, not just those specific components.

I could increase the components needed for those resources but that's not what I'm trying to do either.

(in reply to Darkspire)
Post #: 5
RE: Modifying Components - 5/29/2014 4:34:01 AM   
MartialDoctor

Thank you for your ideas, though, Darkspire

I may try messing with other settings, as you suggest, for the time being.

However, to be able to set the maintenance values high, for those components, seems to not be possible at this time.

Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Design and Modding >> Modifying Components Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI