Pricing options!

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Abraxis

Pricing options!

Post by Abraxis »

I'm a bit confused by all this. I own Distant Worlds, Return of the Shakturi, and Legends. I noticed the game has been brought to steam finally and I figured I aught to dip into it again.

However, I have to say figuring out how to buy it is confusing. I have my $30 coupon, which is great, and I need to use this to purchase through Matrix, and later convert it to Steam. However, the matrix purchase I'm being directed to is $57.99, rather than Steam's $49.79. Is the post-release discount only on steam then, or am I missing something?

It's no big deal if that's not available through matrix, but money is a bit tight and I'd rather not spend 10 dollars on my own ineptitude. [:'(]
pycco

RE: Pricing options!

Post by pycco »

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
-Mark Twain
Abraxis

Post by Abraxis »

Yes I followed those instructions.
ORIGINAL: Surtur01

if you Distant Worlds plus all three expansions, you will be able to generate a $ 40 coupon code for Distant Worlds: Universe. This is then added to the $ 10 release discount (until the 29th of May)

In order to generate this coupon, you must register your Distant Worlds content on the Matrix games Members Club. After you have done this, click the “My discount coupons” button on the right side. Here you will be able to get your coupon.

After you have your discount, just add Universe to your card and enter the coupon code when required and your discount will be calculated.

I've done all this and the total was calculated to
Distant Worlds - Universe Download: 57.99 CAD
Distant Worlds Universe Upgrade Kit $30.00: -34.59 CAD
Total: 23.40 CAD

Now I'm no mathmagician, but The total should be 19.79 CAD (49.79 - 30.00).

I mean, it's only a couple dollars, but the unexpected incongruency has me feeling uneasy.
Raap

Post by Raap »

I don't know the exchange rate to canadian, but I assume 50US$ ~ 58 CA$ ? If so then the price is right; the US price of 50$ includes the 10$ preorder offer. Maybe they add a bit extra as an exchange fee?
Abraxis

Post by Abraxis »

Oh my goodness you're right. Steam was listing USD

I bought it anyways, but at least now I don't feel dirty about it! Thanks! And sorry for this undignified public display of ineptitude!
pycco

Post by pycco »

we have all been there glad you got it sorted out.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
-Mark Twain

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”