Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Global retrofit

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Global retrofit Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Global retrofit - 5/27/2014 4:24:24 PM   
neofit

I've tried searching it but cannot find the right combination of terms not to have too many results.

The Advisors sometime give me a message to perform a mass retrofit on my ships. Sometimes I don't want to because I am saving cash for something else. Is there a way to perform the same mass retrofit without the Advisor message, from somewhere in the interface, without manually ordering each ship or fleet to retrofit? I can't find these advisor messages in the Galactic History.
Post #: 1
RE: Global retrofit - 5/27/2014 4:27:32 PM   
Raap

You can open the ships and bases window and select the top item, then hold shift and select the bottom item, then press Retrofit. Or you can select the category first, if you want to just retrofit a specific category of ships/bases, etc.

(in reply to neofit)
Post #: 2
RE: Global retrofit - 5/27/2014 6:19:03 PM   
neofit

quote:

ORIGINAL: Raap

You can open the ships and bases window and select the top item, then hold shift and select the bottom item, then press Retrofit. Or you can select the category first, if you want to just retrofit a specific category of ships/bases, etc.

Yes, but that's what I meant "without manually ordering each ship or fleet to retrofit". Giving a direct order to ship or ships s a bit different from I seem to see the Advisor command doing. If I'm not mistaken, when I order a retrofit through the Advisors' advice, it queues a retrofit command to the concerned ships, then puts them back on auto. It's way more work finding the ships and then doing the same by hand.

So I'd like to either find a button that does this, or be able to recall the previously dismissed advice from the chat log.

(in reply to Raap)
Post #: 3
RE: Global retrofit - 5/27/2014 6:27:55 PM   
Bingeling

That is why you use the ship list. You can do the same retrofit (but it may interrupt more), open ships and bases, ctrl-A to select all, then press retrofit.

(in reply to neofit)
Post #: 4
RE: Global retrofit - 5/27/2014 6:32:42 PM   
Raap

Using the ship list, the ships will *not* lose their automation setting. I.e. if they're automated before you retrofit, they will still be after you issue the retrofit command. Same goes for ordering entire fleets to retrofit in the Fleet window. But yes, it will interrupt with current orders. Don't think there's any way outside that, except waiting for the next advisor prompt.

< Message edited by Raap -- 5/27/2014 7:34:34 PM >

(in reply to Bingeling)
Post #: 5
RE: Global retrofit - 5/27/2014 7:57:14 PM   
neofit

The Advisor suggestion says: "Our ships and bases would be retrofitted after they complete their current missions".

How about such a button is added to the interface in an upcoming patch? Waiting for the next one is not always an option. For instance, my current "next one" wants me to add an Assault Pod to every ship even though I don't need any, so that's a waste of a good occasion.

(in reply to Raap)
Post #: 6
RE: Global retrofit - 5/27/2014 8:05:25 PM   
Cadune

quote:

The Advisor suggestion says: "Our ships and bases would be retrofitted after they complete their current missions".

I complete a new tech and it asks me if I want to upgrade all of my ships, and if I do, the cost is xxx. When i click accept it goes off and does ~stuff~. This confuses me as I'm fully manual designs etc and when i check my designs, the new tech hasn't been added?

(in reply to neofit)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Global retrofit Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI