Time in campaigns

The new Cold War turned hot wargame from On Target Simulations, now expanded with the Player's Edition! Choose the NATO or Soviet forces in one of many scenarios or two linked campaigns. No effort was spared to model modern warfare realistically, including armor, infantry, helicopters, air support, artillery, electronic warfare, chemical and nuclear weapons. An innovative new asynchronous turn order means that OODA loops and various effects on C3 are accurately modeled as never before.

Moderators: WildCatNL, cbelva, IronManBeta, CapnDarwin, IronMikeGolf, Mad Russian

Kado

Time in campaigns

Post by Kado »

Hey there!

I've played through quite a lot of stand-alone scenarions of this awesome game. [&o] I decided to give US campaign a shot yesterday. After I finished my first battle (1% less than needed for success!!!), I was offered to invest 0 to 14 hours into refitting my fallen out units. My question is: is there any kind of penalty if I decide to spend 14 hours for repairing my broken tanks? (Apart from potentialy unfavorable weather and light conditions?)

Mad Russian

RE: Time in campaigns

Post by Mad Russian »

There could be a penalty at the end. There is only so much time allotted to finish the campaign.

There are 7 battles, lets say for easy math that they take 10 hours each, that's 70 hours. Then I figure another 10 hours to refit between each battle for another 70 hours. Total time for the campaign is then 140 hours. If you take 138 hours for the first 6 that would mean you would get to fight for only 2 hours in the last battle.

The hours were set according to how the game played at release. I have no idea how long it will take to play out now. All I can tell you is you're on your own!

Oh, and...

Good Hunting. [&o]

MR
The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.
Kado

Post by Kado »

Thank you, MR! Thank you for this particular answer and for your never-ending support for the community as well! [&o]
Mad Russian

Post by Mad Russian »

I am currently in the middle of playtesting a new campaign. I know that the campaign, at this point is too short on time, so I should be able to tell you more about the penalties for not having enough time by the end of the week.

Good Hunting.

MR
The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.

Return to “Flashpoint Campaigns Classic”