Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Question about combined attacks with allies

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Time of Fury >> Question about combined attacks with allies Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Question about combined attacks with allies - 5/25/2014 3:51:42 PM   
Christolos

Hi,

How is it possible to combine attacks with allied units if each country has their own separate turn to move and make attacks?

In other words, is it possible to combine axis units, say Italian units with German units, to attack a given allied unit in the same turn?

Thanks,

C

Post #: 1
RE: Question about combined attacks with allies - 5/26/2014 2:39:38 PM   
Rasputitsa

quote:

ORIGINAL: CC1

Hi,

How is it possible to combine attacks with allied units if each country has their own separate turn to move and make attacks?

In other words, is it possible to combine axis units, say Italian units with German units, to attack a given allied unit in the same turn?

Thanks,

C

Each country takes its move independently, you cannot mix nationalities in the same attack.

"In politics stupidity is not a handicap" - Napoleon

“A people which is able to say everything becomes able to do everything” - Napoleon

“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress" - Napoleon

(in reply to Christolos)
Post #: 2
RE: Question about combined attacks with allies - 5/26/2014 11:10:12 PM   
Christolos

Thanks, this is what I thought.

It seems unrealistic and ahistorical though, particularly when you consider how the Germans mixed their troops with the Italian forces (corset laced them amongst them) to make a more cohesive fighting force in the North African campaign.

(in reply to Rasputitsa)
Post #: 3
RE: Question about combined attacks with allies - 5/27/2014 7:27:49 AM   
Rasputitsa

quote:

ORIGINAL: CC1
Thanks, this is what I thought.

It seems unrealistic and ahistorical though, particularly when you consider how the Germans mixed their troops with the Italian forces (corset laced them amongst them) to make a more cohesive fighting force in the North African campaign.

That's true, but you have to make the best of it. I keep track of important combats and objectives on a 'Notepad' window, so that I can remember to make use of units from allies that move later in the turn. It sometimes helps to take the pressure off your major nation units, if you can move lesser allied units later in the turn to 'clear up' and 'fill in' where required.

Not ideal, but you can get some co-ordinated use out of the units, with a little forward planning.

"In politics stupidity is not a handicap" - Napoleon

“A people which is able to say everything becomes able to do everything” - Napoleon

“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress" - Napoleon

(in reply to Christolos)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Time of Fury >> Question about combined attacks with allies Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI