Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Setting Up A Pre-Warp Game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Setting Up A Pre-Warp Game Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Setting Up A Pre-Warp Game - 5/24/2014 4:21:04 PM   
tgb

I'm thinking about launching a game that will tell the epic story of Man's exploration of space, so I want to set up the game to be as "realistic" as possible - no space lobsters for me!

As such I'm going with a pre-warp start in a 1,000 star spiral galaxy with rare colonizable planets, no range limits for colonies, 11 random AI civilizations, and scattered independents. My only concession to this being a "game" is including a few pirates that start far away, because they can be useful' and who's to say there aren't any?

If anyone has suggestions on further tweaks to the settings, I'm open. I may even do an AAR. But my real question right now is what is the best time frame for victory conditions to start? I'm guessing 75-100 years, but really have no idea.

Post #: 1
RE: Setting Up A Pre-Warp Game - 5/24/2014 4:35:34 PM   
Bingeling

For me the best victory setting is "off". I can figure out when the game is over by myself :)

(in reply to tgb)
Post #: 2
RE: Setting Up A Pre-Warp Game - 5/24/2014 7:34:16 PM   
Numdydar

Well if you want 'realism' from humanity's current point of view and understanding, you should have 0 AI civs and no pirates. Or if you think there is space traveling civs, just add one or 2 that are very far away. 11 seems way too many imho.

(in reply to Bingeling)
Post #: 3
RE: Setting Up A Pre-Warp Game - 5/24/2014 7:38:51 PM   
pycco

i would put colonization limits on. turn off space monsters, and win by conditions instead of time, you can still play either way. asumming you are playing as humans, try haree78's mod and put one race as Xhuman.
form here http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3141149

(in reply to Numdydar)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Setting Up A Pre-Warp Game Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI